Zip codes to avoid in Jacksonville, FL area

7 Replies

I am looking to purchase a single-family rental property in the Jacksonville, FL area. I would like to get inputs from the group on which zip codes to avoid. This will be my first real estate property investment so I don't want to start in the wrong area. Thank you for sharing.

Max Maxwell has a video about a clever way to find the hottest zip codes in any area. His example is at the County level but I've run the same process at the city, state, and country level just as effectively.

It's going to give you the zip codes with the highest number of cash buyers which means that those areas are where the investors are focusing.

Conversely, and to answer your question, the areas with few or no cash buyers would be the zip codes to avoid.

Originally posted by @Ed Brancheau :

Max Maxwell has a video about a clever way to find the hottest zip codes in any area. His example is at the County level but I've run the same process at the city, state, and country level just as effectively.

It's going to give you the zip codes with the highest number of cash buyers which means that those areas are where the investors are focusing.

Conversely, and to answer your question, the areas with few or no cash buyers would be the zip codes to avoid.

Talk about a pro tip! 

Thanks for sharing!

Promotion
Ashcroft Capital
A national multifamily investment firm
Three Reasons Investors May Prefer Real Estate
Read three reasons why investing in real estate private placements may provide several advantages.
Read More Here

@Runelon Alcudia

If you are not from Jacksonville, you should take a flight down there and explore the different neighborhoods.

One person might say he won't invest in an area while another person will say that is the best neighborhood to invest in.

A rough generalization of Jacksonville, The North / West sides are the rougher sides.
The East / South are the safer parts of town.

Best of luck with your investing.

@Runelon Alcudia Use the data from NEFAR to tell you what is what in Jacksonville. There are great places to invest all over Jacksonville. Look at the neighborhoods, not zip codes. Ask people from Jacksonville, who live here, not people who "fly in for a weekend", lol. 

Jacksonville like many other cities has some higher crime areas and are not isolated by zip codes more so than neighborhood. A couple blocks difference can make a difference. I would recommend checking out the Trulia crime maps or google neighborhood. I would also speak with an agent or more importantly your property manager they will be able to guide you towards what your looking for.