Anyone try this?? Voice Blasting Tons of Leads in One Click

Anyone try this?? Voice Blasting Tons of Leads in One Click

Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hey BP!

I attended a real estate investing and marketing workshop hosted by Duncan Wierman a few weeks ago in L.A. He was telling us about his inbound marketing campaign strategies and proprietary lead generation software. One of his strategies is to upload a lead list into a voice and text blast database via www.callfire.com and have their system call all the numbers at once or in intervals and play your recorded voice message as the person answers or leave a voicemail. He said to followup after 2 days with a text message blast. I was very excited to hear about such an effective process of having qualified leads call you back based on teh information you provided over the recording. Soooooo, I have my leads and I'm ready to go! I contacted CallFire for the details (as another experienced investor suspected this wouldn't work). Mr. CallFire drops the bomb in my face. I discovered that there is very strict federal regulations (google TCPA Oct 2013) in regards to pre-recorded voice messages or "broadcasts" and that you need written consent a.k.a opt-in prior to calling these people. Really?? This seems like very important information that someone would have mentioned. Has anyone ever heard or tried something like this? Did I miss something? Is there certain types of leads that would bypass this regulation?

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 127 posts · 90 votes
10y
Christina Moore l don't know the legalities of that type of marketing, looks like Bill Gulley laid that out for you. But I can tell you that 99.9% of people that are going to sell their real estate are going to want to talk to a person. I am not saying this won't work because I have never done it. I am saying this is a people business, and that type of marketing is not personal in any way. To your success!!!
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    I don't know the legalities of this method, but think about your own experiences with unknown callers. You don't answer. And if you do, and they start playing a pre-recorded message, you hang up, don't you? I do.

    I don't think the quality of these leads would be worth the money spent on obtaining them. 

    I don't know the person who hosted your investing workshop personally. I have read time and again that the information in similar workshops may not be entirely accurate, and that expectations are frequently overblown.

    However, if Mr. Callfire gave you this sort of information, that's probably true. His job is to sell this service, but he is also going to make sure you know the law so he doesn't get in trouble. 

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    If you have paid for that "workshop", it is just a sales pitch. Well, all gurus are. I'll drop a bomb on the topic, pre-recorded calls have 3 seconds then I hang up, I don't care if they are giving away free gold bars for real. 

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    10y

    A great example of how gurus get you into trouble!

    Yes, "Mr. Callfire" is correct! Federal Trade Commission governs broadcast messages and marketing in real estate as well as all other industries. 

    BTW, fines just went up to $200,000 for an individual, $600,000 for a business entity!

    The guy that sells the gun isn't responsible for suicide, but telling someone to shoot themselves is a different matter, which is why I believe many gurus should be in jail. :) 

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Thanks for the input, everyone. These so-called "Guru's" are full of crap!

  • Buy & Hold Owner · Redlands, CA · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Do you like robo calls??? Not me and I don't do business with those using such intrusive tactics.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    Good point!

  • Investor · Santa Rosa, CA · Member since 2012 · 127 posts · 90 votes
    10y
    Christina Moore l don't know the legalities of that type of marketing, looks like Bill Gulley laid that out for you. But I can tell you that 99.9% of people that are going to sell their real estate are going to want to talk to a person. I am not saying this won't work because I have never done it. I am saying this is a people business, and that type of marketing is not personal in any way. To your success!!!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.