Real Estate Investor in Ottawa

10 Replies

Hello,

I'm looking to find some Real Estate investors in the Ottawa Market, I have few clients that are looking for some.  Like to build a Investor Black Book to people I could call for my clients.  Please let me know

Hey Janek, 

I was just in Ottawa last month finishing my real estate license and I went to a few of the local investors group meetings and I thought they were great.  Tons of investors there to network with!

Hello Janek,

I am actually based out of Ottawa myself.

I am not currently in Ottawa right now because of the election campaign, but, I plan on returning to the city once the election is over.

Have you tried OREIO? I connected with them and they seem like good people to work with.

William

Hello Janek,

In your black book of investors, would you have private money lenders who would be willing to partner with a rookie, such as myself. I am seeking JV deals where the private lender puts up the capital and I put in to 'sweat equity'. I know standard is 50/50, but if I'm just starting, would it be reasonable to give the money partner more of the split (60:40, 75:25)? Until I develop a track record. I'm in the west end of Ottawa and wonder if Kanata is a good rental area.

I would love to here your thoughts.

Cheers,

Colin

Originally posted by @Colin Murphy :

Hello Janek,

In your black book of investors, would you have private money lenders who would be willing to partner with a rookie, such as myself. I am seeking JV deals where the private lender puts up the capital and I put in to 'sweat equity'. I know standard is 50/50, but if I'm just starting, would it be reasonable to give the money partner more of the split (60:40, 75:25)? Until I develop a track record. I'm in the west end of Ottawa and wonder if Kanata is a good rental area.

I would love to here your thoughts.

Cheers,

Colin

Colin touch base with my Buddy @Tyler Bruce he is in Toronto but has done projects you way. Good guy and is building his team as well

Alex

@Alex Franks Thanks for the recommendation about Tyler.  I sent him a message.

How do colleague requests work anyways.  Do you think US investors are interested to investing in Canada (weird... my question mark key is not working) :) 

Originally posted by @Colin Murphy :

@Alex Franks Thanks for the recommendation about Tyler.  I sent him a message.

How do colleague requests work anyways.  Do you think US investors are interested to investing in Canada (weird... my question mark key is not working) :) 

@Jay Hinrichs could speak on this more but I think the double taxation would hurt us.

@Alex Franks   I have bought Real Estate in Canada and sold it real estate in Canada.. and I have lent money in Canada... there was no double taxation that I was aware of.. any tax I paid to Rev CA I got a credit for from IRS>

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Alex Franks  I have bought Real Estate in Canada and sold it real estate in Canada.. and I have lent money in Canada... there was no double taxation that I was aware of.. any tax I paid to Rev CA I got a credit for from IRS>

Jay we had some conversation about your investment their years ago. Just was  not sure.

You mentioned flying your plane up to the project.

Alex 

@Alex Franks   yes Alex I fly quite a bit up to BC  just to fish these days.  getting there is fun and easy with a CANPASS  but coming back into the states through US customs is a tad tougher for obvious reasons.

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Alex Franks  yes Alex I fly quite a bit up to BC  just to fish these days.  getting there is fun and easy with a CANPASS  but coming back into the states through US customs is a tad tougher for obvious reasons.

LOL yup....