Lender - Quick Link Capital

16 Replies

Hi Team,

Does anyone familiar with an organization called Quick Link Capital? The principal partner named Randy Webster contacted me a few days ago on BP regarding an excellent commercial financing option for a deal that I am working on. I connected with him on BP, but for some reason his account just closed.

Is this lender or organization is a scam on BiggerPockets?

Why did he close his account all of the sudden?

Chan,

I must encourage you to do your due diligence when it comes to people offering financing here on BP or anywhere else.

I do the following on everyone that I deal with:

1. View website make sure links are active and consistent with the email address the lender has provided you.

2. Call business and verify that individual works there.

3. Look up business on the Secretary of State's website.

4. Google the individual and the company (look for reviews)

5. Never, Never, Never give money upfront.

This has worked for me.  Hope it helps.

Sincerely

Nadine Massarelli

K9 Towers, LLC

What type of commercial scenario where you trying to accomplish. You'll get a lot of feedback here on what products and options are available.

@Robert Sepulveda

I post a request a few days ago looking for a lender who is allowing seller finance hold back, then a lender contacted me through BP offering 100% financing and 3% fee only with 5 years fixed and 25 years balloon. It was too good I felt at the time.

I checked the company on linkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/quick-link-capita...

I checked the website - http://quicklinkcapital.com/

They sent me some application forms to fill, and I did that. I provide them my license and LLC information (operation agreement, incorporation .... etc)

I could not find the name of the officer Randy Webster when I googled it. Then, I suddenly just knew that his account was closed recently on BP. 

This is very shady ....

@Nadine Massarelli

Thanks for the list of items to check. 

Originally posted by @Chan K. :

@Robert Sepulveda

I post a request a few days ago looking for a lender who is allowing seller finance hold back, then a lender contacted me through BP offering 100% financing and 3% fee only with 5 years fixed and 25 years balloon. It was too good I felt at the time.

I checked the company on linkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/quick-link-capita...

I checked the website - http://quicklinkcapital.com/

They sent me some application forms to fill, and I did that. I provide them my license and LLC information (operation agreement, incorporation .... etc)

I could not find the name of the officer Randy Webster when I googled it. Then, I suddenly just knew that his account was closed recently on BP. 

This is very shady ....

@Nadine Massarelli

Thanks for the list of items to check. 

I had the same deal  a couple days ago with him.  Once he started seeming very pushy through email about hurrying up and sending him the documents I decided to not deal with him... got that shady feeling too

@Buck Ivie This guy (Randy Webster) had the nerve to call me. During the phone conversation he was very pushy. I asked him why his account on BP got shut down, but he never responded. He kept pushing, and telling me why I listened to other people, blah, blah ... etc

It is very creepy stuff. 

When he posted his picture on BP. It showed this old Caucasian guy, but during the call I noticed by his action that he is African American. 

I asked where he is from, and he told me that he is from Arizona. His phone ID showed that he is from Lawrence MA.

Now, the only problem is that he already has my inTake and application that I filled out with all my information drier license, home address, .... etc

ya I never got as far as giving him info. I really was done once he kept being so pushy. I guess w could put an alert on the forum about him

I just got another email from him again.  He doesn't get the clue I guess

Hi Team,

Does anyone familiar with an organization called Quick Link Capital? The principal partner named Randy Webster contacted me a few days ago on BP regarding an excellent commercial financing option for a deal that I am working on. I connected with him on BP, but for some reason his account just closed.

Is this lender or organization is a scam on BiggerPockets?

Why did he close his account all of the sudden?

What is the status of this issue? Is the company QuickLink legit or did they make a quick dash with your deposit?

@Buck Ivie This guy (Randy Webster) had the nerve to call me. During the phone conversation he was very pushy. I asked him why his account on BP got shut down, but he never responded. He kept pushing, and telling me why I listened to other people, blah, blah ... etc

It is very creepy stuff. 

When he posted his picture on BP. It showed this old Caucasian guy, but during the call I noticed by his action that he is African American. 

I asked where he is from, and he told me that he is from Arizona. His phone ID showed that he is from Lawrence MA.

Now, the only problem is that he already has my inTake and application that I filled out with all my information drier license, home address, .... etc

Might be a damn good time to freeze your credit. 

@@@@@@@@Cal C. Can you give me more details what you meant by "freeze your credit"? Is there another form of credit instead of credit card?

@Joshua Dorkin I would like to report this lender from your recommendation? How do I going about doing that?

I think the FTC would be the appropriate entity.  If not, they should know where to direct you.

Account ClosedThis is just my feeling and hope you don't get mad. I think if the member is a lender, contractor, .... BP should really screen and ask for some proof. If we allow this scamper to be around the site, they are going to ruin BP reputation. Sooner or later, the people will be afraid to share information on here. Charge these lenders and contractors fee to get an account (maybe all lenders and contractors are required to have pro-account membership for at least 1-years with proof showing that they are really a lender and contractor), because they make money from BP when they lend. It is the least they pay for advertising and get customers.  

@Chan K. - While I appreciate your frustration, we don't nor would we EVERY vet all our members.  That's simply an impossible task. Even if we screened vendors, savvy people could easily get around that by trolling the site regardless.

BiggerPockets is no different than the real world or ANY other social network in that there are good and bad elements.  We do our best to get rid of the bad elements, but at the end of the day, it is up to individuals to do their due diligence on ANY vendor here or elsewhere.

I used a contractor that I found on one of the MAJOR review sites and there was nothing but praise about him.  The contractor royally screwed me and did an awful job. Even if we screen, folks like the guy that screwed me are bound to show up.

Educate yourself on what to look out for and if you do run into someone that is potentially up to no good, you should certainly contact the authorities.

As for advertisers, we try to screen them based on several criteria, but we also have no way to truly vet them.  Newspapers, TV networks, Magazines, etc all face the same issues.  Publishers just can't be expected to.

What actions did the guy do for you to believe he was African Am..................lol?

Are we allowed humour here?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.