Any one used Martel turnkey before?

30 Replies

Originally posted by @Ben Greenlee :

First time home buyer. I purchased a property from Martel Turnkey last year in Cleveland. Hadn't even seen a picture of the house, just trusted the process. The reno came out way better than my expectation and appraised 7k above what I paid. Got a great rate from their lender and insurance was quick and easy. Remax, the PM they set me up with, has been in constant contact with me and they are awesome. The place was rented above estimate instantly. I've literally done nothing and I'm making 300+ cashflow a month. Already planning to get my 2nd in August

no offense but on BP  one post that is glowing like this is the kiss of death for the turn key company..  screams of a schill

plus having owned personally over 300 rentals in the mid west markets I know first hand its not all perfect.. can be but also can be nighmare choose carfully. 

Disclosure: Friends with the Martel family

Hi Jay. Not a shill just posting my personal experience here so no need to diminish. Anyone can reach out personally and I can show facts if they really care that much. Thanks 

@Joshua Paul   

I have bought three properties with them over the past 2.5 years and it has been a positive experience. As a newbie investor, I was quite unsure and nervous about what I was doing but they were very helpful and held my hand through the process.
I'm very happy with my decision to invest through a turnkey company because without this experience, I might never have started investing at all for the process was too daunting and complicated to handle on my own. Antoine and Angelica were very helpful with my questions and the best part is that they always got back to me within a few hours.

I did not see any of the properties in person but I did hire property inspectors who's reports were very thorough. Overall the houses were in very good condition. There were a few issues here and there but never any big ticket items. Martel Turnkey was always very flexible and fixed all of the requested items. One important thing to mention is that the homes always appraised higher than our purchase price which is obviously ideal for investing. Two of the houses were occupied before closing and one had a vacancy for about a month after closing but Martel has agreed to pay for the principal and interest for that period and did so. The cashflow they advertised has been very accurate. No issues so far with the property managers. They've been professional and have streamlined systems in place. I'm sure there will be fixes and expenses down the line but I don't expect the houses to be perfect, it's a normal part of real estate investing.

Flipping homes does not appeal to me... for now. I simply don't have the time or experience to hunt for deals, manage renovations and sell or screen tenants. That's why all in all it has been a great experience working with Martel. I would recommend Martel Turnkey to any new investors looking to get into real estate investing.

@Ben Greenlee I purchased my turnkey last year as well with them and my experience has been the same. Would definitely recommend them for turnkeys in Memphis or Cleveland. 

Also @Jay Hinrichs I am the "kiss of death" post lol. People need to chill out on BP sometimes. I just posted my experience and people got offended it seemed 

Originally posted by @Aj Parikh :

@Ben Greenlee I purchased my turnkey last year as well with them and my experience has been the same. Would definitely recommend them for turnkeys in Memphis or Cleveland. 

Also @Jay Hinrichs I am the "kiss of death" post lol. People need to chill out on BP sometimes. I just posted my experience and people got offended it seemed

I dont think offended is the right word for it..  just mentioning it.. many times on BP be it turn key or any other vendor selling ( especially guru expensive training courses) you would be amazed at how many people with less than 5 posts all of a sudden pop on with glowing testimonials..  buying rentals in these markets is fine.. and turn key is just a company that instead of rehabbing and selling for Owner occ they target investors.  they want to make a profit like any of us do.. I build new construction and I certianly want to make a profit If I built new construction to sell to landlords I would want to make a profit.. the risk in mid west is where the property is .. and well thats were there can be some serious issues.. but if buyers just buy properties in good areas of any town with good schools  in an area of the Median home price for a given city/market they generally do just fine.. when they buy for a lot less than the median then they are buying into rental dominated neighborhoods which are usually priced for risk/reward.. 

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Ben Greenlee:

First time home buyer. I purchased a property from Martel Turnkey last year in Cleveland. Hadn't even seen a picture of the house, just trusted the process. The reno came out way better than my expectation and appraised 7k above what I paid. Got a great rate from their lender and insurance was quick and easy. Remax, the PM they set me up with, has been in constant contact with me and they are awesome. The place was rented above estimate instantly. I've literally done nothing and I'm making 300+ cashflow a month. Already planning to get my 2nd in August

no offense but on BP  one post that is glowing like this is the kiss of death for the turn key company..  screams of a schill

plus having owned personally over 300 rentals in the mid west markets I know first hand its not all perfect.. can be but also can be nighmare choose carfully. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed all the schills that seemed to have popped up on here more recently! I wonder if they know how obvious they are...