• Brentwood, CA
Votes |
First house hack in the east bay area

Austin Farsai
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brentwood, CA
Posted Apr 18 2023, 14:37

Hello everyone, I just purchased a property with an already built permitted Adu and was going to rehab and renew the inside of the Adu before renting out. I just wanted to get any insight on how to properly rent this unit out. I currently am looking at getting my landlord insurance and already have homeowners' insurance as well. This is my first and only property so far and was wondering what else I should cover myself with and or do before officially renting out. I was going to use the software rent Redi for the application and background check process, I will most likely manage it myself and or get a handyman that I've known for a while to come through on anything that I can't do myself. I am also testing the waters with this by living in the front house and this being in its own separate unit and if it all goes well, I will be able to do a jradu on the same property and rent out both of those until I remodel the front house and rent out all three and purchase another property. Anything and everything will help thank you.

Loading replies...