• Investor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Double Closings Vs Assignments

Stephen R.
  • Investor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Nov 15 2013, 10:21

I always seem to run into some escrow agent or another investor/wholesaler that is trying to convince me to use "assignments." I have always preferred double closings.

Here are some of the reasons:

1. Control - With a double close you stay in the drivers seat and don't have to risk another investor contacting the end seller to re-negotiate an already good deal... or worse, risking them not closing the deal and then you have to try to salvage trust with end seller so you can sell to a back-up buyer.

2. Privacy - With a double close you can always keep the amount you're getting paid private. In my personal opinion, its not the end buyer/investors business how much you're getting paid, as long as he meets his investment standards. Some investors will tell you that they don't care, until they see all of those zeros! It will bother them and they will always figure that you have more room in a deal to give them a better price.

3. Ego - With a double close you will always feel as though you are actually closing deals with your own money!..That's a joke!

Whats your experience and opinion about "Double Closings" Vs "Assignments?" I would love to hear your take on this.

Stephen

www.earnesthomebuyers.com

Loading replies...