Answering service?

14 Replies

Can anyone who uses an answering service tell me about it? When did you decide to outsource answering, what service do you use, how much do they charge, how does it work etc.

Hey Jade,

The Real Estate Investing company I work for decided to go with an answering service just a couple of weeks ago and I had to do a ton of research to figure out what we want. We decided to get an answering service/virtual receptionist when we started getting several calls a day. We didn't need the answering service because we were getting too many calls, we got it because we were afraid people would be calling us when we were out of the office and we would lose the lead. We decided to go with AnswerFirst because they charge on a per call basis. Since we did not know how many calls we would be getting after hours we wanted to get a service with a pay per call set up and not a large monthly bill. Each service varies on their price structure. Most of them are a monthly charge though. I attached a link below to an article that compares different answering services for 2015. I hope this helps!

http://sidebysidereviews.com/answering-service-rev...

Rob

I started using VoiceNation earlier this year.  I have been relatively happy with them.  They follow the script and usually get all the needed info.  When we started sending 3,000 mailers at a time the leads would flood in and I couldn't call them all back and anylyze in a reasonable amount of time.  We would use the script to find the motivation and key pieces of information and call back the highest motivated first.  I have it entered into a google docs form, which when submitted automatically creates a lead in my Podio system, it's pretty slick!

@John Horner   would you mind sharing how you configured podio in that way? I'm working on configuring podio right not.... trying to get that OFF my to do list but I've been procrastinating about it. 

@Robert Laird Been looking for some sort of comparison tool. Thanks.

Originally posted by @John Horner :

I started using VoiceNation earlier this year.  I have been relatively happy with them.  They follow the script and usually get all the needed info.  When we started sending 3,000 mailers at a time the leads would flood in and I couldn't call them all back and anylyze in a reasonable amount of time.  We would use the script to find the motivation and key pieces of information and call back the highest motivated first.  I have it entered into a google docs form, which when submitted automatically creates a lead in my Podio system, it's pretty slick!

John, I would love to learn how to do that as well.  How have your experiences been with Voice Nation?  Would you recommend them?

Originally posted by @Robert Laird :

Hey Jade,

The Real Estate Investing company I work for decided to go with an answering service just a couple of weeks ago and I had to do a ton of research to figure out what we want. We decided to get an answering service/virtual receptionist when we started getting several calls a day. We didn't need the answering service because we were getting too many calls, we got it because we were afraid people would be calling us when we were out of the office and we would lose the lead. We decided to go with AnswerFirst because they charge on a per call basis. Since we did not know how many calls we would be getting after hours we wanted to get a service with a pay per call set up and not a large monthly bill. Each service varies on their price structure. Most of them are a monthly charge though. I attached a link below to an article that compares different answering services for 2015. I hope this helps!

http://sidebysidereviews.com/answering-service-rev...

Rob,

I wanted to ask how your experience as been with AnswerFirst now that you have been with them over six months.  Thanks

Originally posted by @Jason Hatfield :
Originally posted by @John Horner:

John, I would love to learn how to do that as well.  How have your experiences been with Voice Nation?  Would you recommend them?

Hey Jason, yeah they are ok.  I have had a few times where call hold times crept up, but usually that gets fixed pretty quick.  I have been using them for over a year and for the price, they are good.  I am about to send a few lines to AnswerNet, they have a facility here in Columbus that I could actually meet with people.  They are cheaper, and they actually make outbound calls.  So if a missed call comes in, or a webform is submitted, they will call back within minutes and go through the script to get the info.  Pretty slick stuff.  

Nice!  I signed up with them Tgursday.  Gave them your name as a referral and they said you would get a $50 credit.

We will see how it goes.  I'm sending out 2,000 emails tonight and 1,500 pieces of direct mail next week.

Time to sink or swim :)

Hey Everyone!

Just an update, back in April of 2015 we had some restructuring. In the move, we decided to change up some of our services. We loved AnswerFirst and they had some of the best customer service I have seen in a company in a while. However, in the spirit of the change, we decided to check out a new answering service. Another investor had recommended to us PatLive. I had seen some mentions of them here on bigger pockets and other websites so decided to give them a try. They have been serving us really well so far. Their receptionists are very professional and I have personally heard them deal with some tough situations. I would recommend either service because they both are really good about taking down detailed messages and dealing with disgruntled callers. Also I could not tell too big of a difference in price, but we have only used each service for about 6 months in total. I hope this helps!

-Rob

Rob

Send me more information.  Thanks 

This post has been removed.

@John Horner

John, for those 3,000 mailings what did that translate to with regards to answer service minutes or charges? Just trying to get a ball park idea. I know there are lots of variables.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.