Quick, simple question (hopefully)

5 Replies

So I have a lead that has just received my postcard, and gave me a call. The issue here is that she has just signed up with a realtor, and is not sure if she is even able to sell to me. She does seem like a motivated seller, and even stated "I'm not looking for much money from it, I'm just trying to get it off my hands." 

So, what can be done from here? If anyone has any advice, feel free. I am new to whole-sales, so this may be a simple, easy question... I hope it is. 

Already signed with realtor....nope. But can still work with realtor to buy property and the commissioned will be owed to the realtor from the seller.

Any idea how long realtor contracts usually last? I know they can't be indefinite. I may have to just talk with the seller and see if she knows the length of the sale. It would also go to motivate her into selling lower IF it fails to sell on the market after 6 months. 

Originally posted by @Jacob Bunce :

Any idea how long realtor contracts usually last? I know they can't be indefinite. I may have to just talk with the seller and see if she knows the length of the sale. It would also go to motivate her into selling lower IF it fails to sell on the market after 6 months. 

 You can just ask the seller, but typically the contracts last about a year (don't take my word for it, it's just from experience). You could still sign a contract if they are in a non-exclusive agreement, but people usually declare this as immoral and I can see why. 

Just go through the agent. Make an offer based on what you need to be into the property for and see what happens. If she is motivated you might be surprised. If its not the right deal just move on. 

Originally posted by @Rob Beland :

Just go through the agent. Make an offer based on what you need to be into the property for and see what happens. If she is motivated you might be surprised. If its not the right deal just move on. 

 I may just do that, but in that case, I am going to need to buy the house with my own personal money. That would require my wife being on-board. (which I don't think she is) It would also add a ton of extra closing costs that wouldn't have been involved when whole-selling. I feel like I would rather just wait it out and keep in contact with the seller.