Who does it

13 Replies

hello everyone, I read a lot of post,I listen to a lot ofGurus tell us how great things are everything is free until you get to the last page. Well you all know what I'm talking about,but only one of the things no one has addressed is this. When you flipping a property, and you have all your ducks in a row,(wait for it)who gets the blue prints you or your contractor???

Whoever paid for the blueprints owns the blueprints @Henry Howard . I see no reason why a contractor would pay for or even want plans for a house he doesn't own. Can you explain where you are coming from with this question?

Like I said this is just one of the things that not told or mention, in all the post that I had read.we come here to  learn the job ask question, and like lot of the paid money we spent we still have questions.and yes I have been to the educational classes. Listen to the classes online also. But at the end of the day, we still have questions.

Talking in riddles or large generalizations. Expect everything but a direct hit and a line drive.  Ask a direct question, get a specific opinion. Everyone has a different angle or direction on a project.

What I'm saying is that when we talk here or when we listen to webinars we come away with no straight answer to our question.like the question about the blueprints.i know the gurus do this to keep you coming back .but here it shouldn't be,no one is getting paid for the answer.

I know of people that gone to these classes starting at $250 and by the time they get to $20000 they are still confused about what's next.

I've never gone to a guru. I have networked with people here. Asked specific questions, and purchased two properties and I'm trying to get the 3rd locked down right now. The more specific of a question you ask here, the more specific of an answer you will get. It seems like your asking why people pay for guru classes. Nobody can tell you that. Why does anyone pay to learn anything that is provided free on the internet?

As for the question about blueprints. Whoever paid for them gets them.

Originally posted by @Andy Robison :

I've never gone to a guru. I have networked with people here. Asked specific questions, and purchased two properties and I'm trying to get the 3rd locked down right now. The more specific of a question you ask here, the more specific of an answer you will get. It seems like your asking why people pay for guru classes. Nobody can tell you that. Why does anyone pay to learn anything that is provided free on the internet?

As for the question about blueprints. Whoever paid for them gets them.

I have a very specific question.if I see a property online that I think would be a good deal,how do I get aquire the property. I'm a newbie so I need answers. Let me just give you an example of what I'm talking about. I see a foreclosed home for sale at $175,000, I would like to purchase this home and wholesale it to an investor who would like to rehab it. I would like to do it myself but I'm trying not to bite off more than I can chew. The home does have some mold issues and needs new hardwood flooring judging from the pics I have seen. But the crazy thing is the comps are selling for at least $300,000. I want to make this my first deal,but I have no funds to buy the property or no one to flip it to because I have no buyers list.

Do you know how to run the numbers?.once you do that then run it thru some of the people here might be able to tell you if its a good deal or not. Beware some that answer you won't be nice, but deal with it. It's all about the deal.

Originally posted by @Henry Howard :

Do you know how to run the numbers?.once you do that then run it thru some of the people here might be able to tell you if its a good deal or not. Beware some that answer you won't be nice, but deal with it. It's all about the deal.

No I do not Henry. I did run the info by a real estate agent friend of mine and he sd the rehab would run around $50,000 but that's just a guess..and I welcome real answers..that's what I'm looking for.

@Donald Taite

Welcome. Your answers and more are below. If you found the house why would the investors not be able to find it also.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Couple good reads 

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

Originally posted by Account Closed:

@Donald Taite

Welcome. Your answers and more are below. If you found the house why would the investors not be able to find it also.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Couple good reads 

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

thanks for the info Paul.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.