Columbus ohio wholesaling

14 Replies

Originally posted by @Keith Vinson:

I have built 30+ buyers but not sure where to find the motived sellers.

@Keith Vinson

[email protected] 

This seems like every new wholesalers strategy these days.  Focus on the buyers not the sellers.  

Finding deals is the key and there are many channels you can use.  Unfortunately they all cost money, and a good amount of it to get a good deal flow going.

@Keith Vinson Er, Keith, you DO have your Licence, yes?

(Otherwise, FORGET wholesaling in Ohio unless you intend to take Title on all the properties you buy - check out the other relevant Ohio threads)! All the best...

Hello @Keith Vinson, I would have to agree with @John Horner that finding motivated sellers that have good properties that you can convert into a wholesale deal will take some time and a little money to find.  Direct mail, bandit signs, and driving for dollars are just a few techniques we use to find motivated sellers.

In the meantime, you can add me to your buyers list and let me know if come across any good deals as we are always looking to buy!

Originally posted by @John Horner :

Keith vinson

[email protected] 

This seems like every new wholesalers strategy these days.  Focus on the buyers not the sellers.  

Finding deals is the key and there are many channels you can use.  Unfortunately they all cost money, and a good amount of it to get a good deal flow going.

It just happened that way seem like the buyers are more noticeable then the sellers lol how much does it cost for probate leads or absentee owners list?

Originally posted by @Brent Coombs :

(Otherwise, FORGET wholesaling in Ohio unless you intend to take Title on all the properties you buy - check out the other relevant Ohio threads)! All the best...

When you state license what are you referring to?

Originally posted by @Dustin Faeth :

Hello @Keith Vinson, I would have to agree with @John Horner that finding motivated sellers that have good properties that you can convert into a wholesale deal will take some time and a little money to find.  Direct mail, bandit signs, and driving for dollars are just a few techniques we use to find motivated sellers.

In the meantime, you can add me to your buyers list and let me know if come across any good deals as we are always looking to buy!

Ok, sounds like a plan. I appreciate the information

Originally posted by @Brent Coombs:

When you state license what are you referring to?

You need to be a licensed real estate agent to lawfully "wholesale" in Ohio.  And unlike many states, Ohio is actually starting to enforce that:

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/1938...

http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/9578...

@Keith VinsonWholesaling is brokering a deal without a license...it is illegal. The Ohio Division of Real Estate has taken up the issue and previously issued notice. Wholesalers are competition for licensee's...you won't survive for any length of time unless you get your license and work through a broker...

@Keith Vinson

Buyers list are not as important as most people think in real estate investing. If you can consistently find GOOD deals, then the money will find you. You have to get good at finding deals and sorting through them to find the motivated sellers. You have to be able to find sellers that NEED to sell, not just want to sell. As soon as your able to do so, you will start creating a network of serious buyers that you can consistently rely on. You don't want a buyers list full of people who are simply, "interested" in real estate. Find the deals, and the money will find you. If all else fails, cancel the contract. 

@Keith Vinson

Buyers list are not as important as most people think in real estate investing. If you can consistently find GOOD deals, then the money will find you. You have to get good at finding deals and sorting through them to find the motivated sellers. You have to be able to find sellers that NEED to sell, not just want to sell. As soon as your able to do so, you will start creating a network of serious buyers that you can consistently rely on. You don't want a buyers list full of people who are simply, "interested" in real estate. Find the deals, and the money will find you. If all else fails, cancel the contract. 

Hello All,

I have an out of state investor looking for a couple flips in all of Central Ohio. They are willing to spend all the way up to 800k if needed. They are looking for Single family homes that are vacant, fire damage, and literally anything that screams "fix me". No houses on a double yellow, or near commercial buildings. Does have anything, any leads or pocket listings??

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here