Listsource and marketing Campaign

19 Replies

Hello BP Fam!

I'm an extremely new aspiring wholesaler about to launch my first mailing campaign.  I was going to use listsouce.com to get a mailing list and then use the yellow letters.  Looking for some good orderly direction.  

1.  What would you recommend as the best criteria to focus on when getting the list from listsource?

2. Can you recommend the most effective place to purchase your yellow letters and any styles you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm not a fan of listsource and other listing companies simply because my area doesn't do a good job of reporting the data. I'm in a more rural area where often times the data is incorrect. 

That being said, you'll probably want to focus on home with a certain percentage of equity. That would probably be the number one thing to focus on and from there you can filter by bedroom, age, zip code, etc. 

I'd recommend yellowletters.com but if you read some more on marketing I think you're going to see that the days of yellow letters are waning. Because so many wholesalers are out there using the same services to find leads and the same services to mail letters there is talk that some people are inundated with all this junk mail that is never read. You'll need to find a way to make you stand out from the others.  

Steven J., Will See Real Estate | 240‑394‑5733 | http://WillSeeRealEstate.com

@Daniel Almodovar

Type in your topics in that magnifying glass that is the search bar at the top right hand corner of your screen. Type in "marketing" "listsource" "Listsource criteria" and so on. I use @Jerry Puckett to mail out all my yellow letters. He holds your hand through the whole process and really knows his stuff. 

I use Listsource for my camaign. I filter for 81-100 equity via absentee owners. I write my own yellow letters

Your most target-rich pool is Absentee Owners.  I show you how to pull a good absentee owner list from Listsource in this video, including the basic criteria:

Updated over 2 years ago

Jeez. Nevermind. The video URL was right all along...

Updated over 2 years ago

Sorry looks like i posted the wrong URL - here is the Listsource video! https://youtu.be/SCvjmNCXHRg

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Originally posted by @Dev Horn :

Your most target-rich pool is Absentee Owners.  I show you how to pull a good absentee owner list from Listsource in this video, including the basic criteria:

Nice video Dev. One thing I would add is that ListSource cannot always tell the difference between Single Family detached homes and Condos when in the general property types. You will get lists with unit numbers and know they are condos. 

To get around that, I use the Detailed Property Types> Residential> SFR. When I do that, I don't ever get properties with unit numbers.

Medium mlaw logo v1Jerry Puckett, New Refined Images LLC | [email protected] | (214) 699‑7565 | http://www.marketlikeawholesaler.com

@JERRY, I didn't know that part but I have sold a condo before so I'm a bit on the fence.

we are having great results with vacant property list in a very competitive market. I send a short yellow letter and follow it up with a professional letter. 

And we can help you everything and have a nationwide vacant list.

Originally posted by @Shane Foster :

we are having great results with vacant property list in a very competitive market. I send a short yellow letter and follow it up with a professional letter. 

Hey Shane, how accurate and how long have you used that list. I've been using just absentee, but know that I need a change of pace and to get more leads.

Originally posted by @Jerry Puckett :

Originally posted by @Dev Horn:

Nice video Dev. One thing I would add is that ListSource cannot always tell the difference between Single Family detached homes and Condos when in the general property types. You will get lists with unit numbers and know they are condos. 

To get around that, I use the Detailed Property Types> Residential> SFR. When I do that, I don't ever get properties with unit numbers.

Hhhmmm, interesting!  I've never seen that.  Just looked at 15,000 records we pulled in San Diego using the criteria I used in the video, and there is not a single unit number in the Property Address.  But we'll keep an eye on that and investigate your alternative.  Thanks, Jerry!

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Originally posted by @Daniel Almodovar :

Hello BP Fam!

I'm an extremely new aspiring wholesaler about to launch my first mailing campaign.  I was going to use listsouce.com to get a mailing list and then use the yellow letters.  Looking for some good orderly direction.  

1.  What would you recommend as the best criteria to focus on when getting the list from listsource?

2. Can you recommend the most effective place to purchase your yellow letters and any styles you recommend?

Mr. Almodovar,

First, I will like to congratulate you on taking the necessary steps into one of the many sources of income within the real estate investment industry. Listsource is a good starting point. Try to absentee owners as one your filters. I will also recommend yellowletters.com.

Originally posted by @Jerald Alford :
Originally posted by @Shane Foster:

Hey Shane, how accurate and how long have you used that list. I've been using just absentee, but know that I need a change of pace and to get more leads.

The leads are very accurate. Goes against government records. PM me your email and 5-10 zip codes and I will send you a list for free.

Thank you everyone for your responses.  I've been listening to the BP pod-casts and always hear about how helpful everyone can be.  Seeing it first hand is inspiring.  I really value all of your input and will definitely be applying this advice.  

Originally posted by @Daniel Almodovar :

Hello BP Fam!

Hey Daniel,

I have used several yellow letter companies and all have different pros and cons. Yellowletters.com is cost effective but they don't seal the envelopes and I think that seems unprofessional since who sends a letter unsealed? I have tried to get an answer to why they do that, but nothing so far.  Just be careful and do your own due diligence on what yellow letters companies offer.

And I do not use listsource.com so I cannot recommend what to pull there. Wish you the best of luck.

Thank you @Sean Becker for your input about the yellowletters.com I'll definitely keep that in mind. If you don't mind me asking, if you are not using listsource.com, how do you generate your mailing lists?

@Dev Horn great video.  Just used it and purchased my first mailing list. 

@Gregory Guillet thanks for for the congrats and tips.

@Michael Quarles I really appreciate that cycle for your marketing.  Thats a great idea.

@Daniel Almodovar :

I started in the business by getting lists from a local title company for owners within a specific county, which is free. I edited the list myself. Soon after that, I started working with findmotivatedsellersnow.com and get lists through them for a fee. I have not found a source that I would say you have to use these people. It is similar to the yellow letter companies, they all have pros and cons, you just have to go with who you feel is best for you. We are all here to help one another, so if you need more info, let me know. Otherwise, good luck Daniel......

@Shane Foster Wow, I never knew you could get a list of vacant properties. I am always driving for dollars and looking for vacant homes... I have a new mission and it is to ask you how can I get a list? I market mainly in the South Bay Area, San Jose and surrounding.

@Daniel Almodovar congrats on getting your first list and taking action. Now get those letters out! Then, take the next step...