Co-wholesale, such a thing?

9 Replies

Vivian - Welcome to the vibrant BP community.

Yes, you can....here is proof in a response to a similar question.

Originally posted by @James Green:

@Bruce McCray you can cowholesale. You have the contract, another wholesaler has the buyer and the 2 shall meet for 50/50 split (with a signed agreement). I have plenty of Washington DC & Northern VA buyer!

The original post is below where you can follow the responses to get additional tips.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/24...

Originally posted by @Vivian Hernandez :

Should l co wholesale to get started? I need to get this started already

Sure you can, the question is which part of the value are you going to bring?

I see so many crappy wholesales trying to take other peoples wholesales and marking them up without any contract to try to make a quick buck.  And usually they are overpriced already.  We have done co-wholesales where we have the deal and we partner with a wholesaler with the right buyers and split the profit 50/50 with them.

If you have a deal try to approach the best wholesaler in your market.  They will know quickly if your deal is really a deal.  If they have a buyer it's an easy payday for them and all you have to do is pass off the lead. 

Obviously there are issues with legalities with the Division or RE if you are not licensed, but that's another issue.

Originally posted by @John Horner :
Originally posted by @Vivian Hernandez:

I see so many crappy wholesales trying to take other peoples wholesales and marking them up without any contract to try to make a quick buck.  And usually they are overpriced already.  We have done co-wholesales where we have the deal and we partner with a wholesaler with the right buyers and split the profit 50/50 with them.

If you have a deal try to approach the best wholesaler in your market.  They will know quickly if your deal is really a deal.  If they have a buyer it's an easy payday for them and all you have to do is pass off the lead. 

Obviously there are issues with legalities with the Division or RE if you are not licensed, but that's another issue.

Now that is the part that worries me. Legalities ? I dont want to do anything illegal

Originally posted by @Linval T. :

Vivian - Welcome to the vibrant BP community.

Yes, you can....here is proof in a response to a similar question.

Originally posted by @James Green:

@Bruce McCray you can cowholesale. You have the contract, another wholesaler has the buyer and the 2 shall meet for 50/50 split (with a signed agreement). I have plenty of Washington DC & Northern VA buyer!

The original post is below where you can follow the responses to get additional tips.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/24...

Thank you so much!! Are there any sample contracts l can use?

Originally posted by @John Horner :

Thank you so much for your help!!

Originally posted by @Vivian Hernandez :
Originally posted by @John Horner:

Now that is the part that worries me. Legalities ? I dont want to do anything illegal

Then you'll probably want to get your license.