Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Jason Miller
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Wholesaler and licensed agent ethics issues!

Jason Miller
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Springfield, MO
Posted Nov 18 2017, 12:20
I recently bought a roughly 30k house at auction With the intention to resell as is to an investor.It’s a nice little house needs very little work. I just don’t keep houses like this anymore. So I listed with my realtor and after awhile got an all cash offer, 30 day close. The buyer is also a licensed realtor. Well yesterday my realtor said the buyer is removing his offer. He never had an inspection but said there are some foundation issues he’s concerned about. Okay that’s understandable. But I was relaying this to one of my employees and he said wait a minute! He thinks he saw this house advertised on Facebook by the buyer! So we look on Facebook and sure enough. We have screenshots of the post. The so called “buyer, wholesaler agent” posted my house on Facebook the day after he put my house under contract. Saying “he has this nice little house for sale and that it would make a great Rental. Please contact him if you’re interested”. I then call my agent and she said he accessed the house twice the day after it went under contract and not since. My agent is currently talking this over with her broker to see what, if anything, we can do. To make things more interesting, yesterday was the last day he had to send a mutual release and he hasn’t done so yet. So now he’s bound by the contract. Just curious what you guys would do if you were in this situation.

Loading replies...