Wholesaling Website - Free, Paid Template, or Paid Web Design?

Wholesaling Website - Free, Paid Template, or Paid Web Design?

Weston, MA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 45 votes

I have chosen to pay a website developer to help me create my wholesaling lead generation website We Buy Stressful Homes, which will launch by end of next week (no later than December 16th, 2017). My question to wholesalers on BP is whether anyone has invested their time & money into having a lead generation site (i.e. Free [Wix.com, Weebly.com], Template [OnCarrot.com, LeadPropellor.com] or Professionally designed)? If so, why did you choose to do this (i.e. to actually capture leads online, create creditability, or somethings else) & how much traffic are you getting (both paid and organic searches)?

2Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Realtor and Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y

I use adwerx to point traffic to the property for sale's splash page.  I can target impressions by zip code or radius of the property (or wherever), and I can choose the camapign length as little as a week for like $40, or go for weeks/months.  I get reports with impressions and click throughs.  They also send me emails with a screenshot of where people saw my ads that day if it was something significant (You were on yahoo.com today, etc).

This would be a good vehicle for you as the targeting would compliment any farming you would be focused on.  These ads literally follow people around the internet as they browse all day.  I live in 1 of the zip codes that I used once, and my husband and I were seeing the ads all over the place, from Amazon, to car forums (my husband browses) to people.com.  It was all over the place.

They are great for establishing top of mind awareness, and for driving traffic to your site if the interest is there.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor and Investor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I use adwerx to point traffic to the property for sale's splash page.  I can target impressions by zip code or radius of the property (or wherever), and I can choose the camapign length as little as a week for like $40, or go for weeks/months.  I get reports with impressions and click throughs.  They also send me emails with a screenshot of where people saw my ads that day if it was something significant (You were on yahoo.com today, etc).

    This would be a good vehicle for you as the targeting would compliment any farming you would be focused on.  These ads literally follow people around the internet as they browse all day.  I live in 1 of the zip codes that I used once, and my husband and I were seeing the ads all over the place, from Amazon, to car forums (my husband browses) to people.com.  It was all over the place.

    They are great for establishing top of mind awareness, and for driving traffic to your site if the interest is there.

  • Rental Property Investor · Encino, CA · Member since 2016 · 324 posts · 178 votes
    8y

    I like the LeadPropeller and OnCarrot websites a lot. They kept me from getting lost for hours creating every little detail and stick to the plan of wholesaling.

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2010 · 328 posts · 182 votes
    8y

    @Walter Roby jr Glad to see you're a fan of LeadPropeller! 

    Hey @Omar Ruiz! 


    As the founder of LeadPropeller, I wanted to chime in with my thoughts.  LeadPropeller clients typically choose us so that they can have a site that is ready to go within minutes of signing up.  They value their time and feel it's better spent working to drive traffic to the site to build their buyers list and move their wholesale properties.  

    The biggest problem I hear from people trying to have custom sites built is that it's hard to know who is capable of building the site correctly with conversion optimization and search engine optimization in mind.  As a software developer myself, I know that even great devs may not know a thing about those crucial elements.  

    The other issues I see happening is that it can take so long to complete with several revisions, the sites still need content (which can be very difficult to write if you don't enjoying writing), and it costs more and takes more time to build in features that you can get with the available website systems out there.

    Sounds like yours is just about done though, so congratulations!  What are your plans for driving traffic to the site?  

  • Weston, MA · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    @Danny Johnson I do agree with you that investors wanting to get into the online world, who don't have much time, don't want to customize a site, nor have the funding to pay for customization, could definitely benefit from your product or OnCarrot. Especially if they do Direct Mail. They can use your product as part of their website link, under their contact information within the letter itself. I see and hear a lot of people just wanting to get a landing page just for the purposes of getting folks to see that they are creditable online.

    If you message me directly, I can definitely give you the link to see the back end of the site, that way I'm not all talk. 😁 

    I have a bigger vision, I want to dominate the real estate of Google's SERP (page 1, top 3 results of the organic searches) for many different keywords. 

    As far as driving traffic (marketing), I'm currently taking a course online about Google Ads & overall digital marketing (including Facebook Ads, email/content marketing, social media, etc). I've also used some big brand SEO & SEM tools (not just Google Keyword Planner) to preform keyword research/analysis/organization. As you may know, since you wrote the article on the top 25 keywords, these tools also allow me to research my competition's site (content that drives them traffic, what PPC campaigns they are running plus how many, overall site visits [impressions] per month, what page they are ranking and which keywords they are ranking for, etc).

    I'm not a SEO or SEM guru. I'm far from that. I am just utilizing the resource of Google & YouTube to get an understanding of what steps I need to take to get on top. If I build it, they will come...

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I need to build by an interactive Wholesale Property Consulting website. Can anyone recommend or send me an IT web-signer and/or programmer to work with me?

  • Specialist · Purcellville, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 841 votes
    7y

    @Elphinstone Birch,

    I’m entering real estate because I’ve done custom business web apps/sites for decades (making pretty good buckage in the process) and I want to move on. 😄

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.