Kent Clothier REWW...Legit?

17 Replies

Hello everyone! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 

Has anybody used Kent Clothier's Find Cash Buyers Now or Find Motivated Sellers Now Programs? I am looking to buy both and would love some feedback. Thanks!

Originally posted by @Luke Mitchell :

Hello everyone! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 

Has anybody used Kent Clothier's Find Cash Buyers Now or Find Motivated Sellers Now Programs? I am looking to buy both and would love some feedback. Thanks!

Luke,

You have to take my response with a grain of salt because Kent Clothier is my older brother.  

He founded REWW a few years ago and has been steadily building it into a legitimate interfacer with active real estate investors who want to dig deeper and get better at their craft.  I personally think he and his team have done a phenomenal job and I say that because I have often assisted real estate entrepreneurs who work with REWW by offering my expertise.  So I know how hard he is trying to help active investors through REWW and specifically how good FCBN and FMSN are.

We, Memphis Invest, use both of those programs specifically in our direct marketing programs.  This year we are on pace to purchase roughly 775 properties in five different markets and the data we get from FCBN and FMSN is the reason we are able to operate so efficiently.  The cash buyer program was built specifically on processes that Memphis Invest used and Kent built the system behind it so it could be done push button.  We spent hours on the work each week and he created a system to do it automatically.

One quick thing to understand, these systems are designed to help people who are going to be successful - to be successful faster.  It shortens the curve.  They are designed to save you time doing a time consuming process.  They also require you to send direct mail.  That is the primary purpose or each program though they have some other incredibly good uses for the data.  

Just wanted you to understand that it does work.  We use it every day.  However, you have to be committed and put the time, dollars and work in to turn the data into dollars on the other side.

Feel free to reach out.

Thanks so much @Chris Clothier for the response! I have spoken to a few other investors and have heard nothing but good things about the system. I hope to purchase them both very soon!

Just wanted to add an update to this thread. I have purchased both FMSN and FCBN systems and they are fantastic! If you want great leads and a step up to help your Real Estate business launch quickly and effectively, I highly suggest Kent's system. I am hoping to upgrade to his S.M.A.R.T. suite in the next few months.

This post has been removed.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the update. If possible can you share your results using the systems regarding cost, leads and property purchases ... thanks

@Luke Mitchell

So is this software still working for you?  Have you done any deals?  Details?

@Luke Mitchell Thanks for the post and the update. I just got through watching a seminar with Kent Clothier and he is selling the premium package for $1,990 or 3 payments of $795. Is this the same price you paid for the system? Is it still working for you? 

Also, does any one here at BP know of any other similar applications or software? I really like what I have seen so far, but the pricing is a tad steeper than I was expecting. Especially since all it provides is "potential leads".

I have since last month, cancelled my membership to the system. I upgraded to the basic version of the SMART suite and it was very touch and go with the leads. The FMSN system focuses mainly on vacants and much of the time, by the time I got the lead skip traced, it was no longer vacant. I didn't get into the FCBN system due to having no properties that I wanted to flip at the time. Pretty much all the phone numbers associated with the leads were incorrect, but the system was designed to use their in house mailer to send letters to the sellers, which I didn't have the budget for at the time. The total price per month for me was $150, which included Find Motivated Sellers, Find Cash Buyers and Find Private Lenders. I fully believe Kent is a stand up guy and his system works for many people, however, I have found more success in contacting my Tax and Code Enforcement offices for my leads. Also, contacting my local probate court and communicating with Probate Attorneys, is my next step to access more suitable motivated sellers. In most cases, using software like Kent's or Listsource is for the more advanced investor who has exhausted these other methods. Good luck and hope this info helps.

@Luke Mitchell thanks a lot for your continued updates. When you say you get leads from Tax and Code Enforcement Offices, can you explain what you mean? 

Will you please PM me at your convenience? I am quite new to all of this and although I am a fast learner, some things just have to be outright clearly explained. 

Thanks in advance! 

Originally posted by @Luke Mitchell :

I have since last month, cancelled my membership to the system. I upgraded to the basic version of the SMART suite and it was very touch and go with the leads. The FMSN system focuses mainly on vacants and much of the time, by the time I got the lead skip traced, it was no longer vacant. I didn't get into the FCBN system due to having no properties that I wanted to flip at the time. Pretty much all the phone numbers associated with the leads were incorrect, but the system was designed to use their in house mailer to send letters to the sellers, which I didn't have the budget for at the time. The total price per month for me was $150, which included Find Motivated Sellers, Find Cash Buyers and Find Private Lenders. I fully believe Kent is a stand up guy and his system works for many people, however, I have found more success in contacting my Tax and Code Enforcement offices for my leads. Also, contacting my local probate court and communicating with Probate Attorneys, is my next step to access more suitable motivated sellers. In most cases, using software like Kent's or Listsource is for the more advanced investor who has exhaus?/

@Chris Clothier do you find this issue with the vacant homes no longer vacant or the phone numbers being incorrect to be true as well? what's the best way to optimize this software? i'm guessing by stopping short of the direct mailers, the user is really doing a disservice to themselves?

Does the find cash buyer now system come with phone numbers and email addresses?

@Luke Mitchell
What are your updated opinions as far as the ($795 x 3) system?  Has the information regarding vacant homes been accurate.

@Chris Clothier Is there the option to conduct a search for vacant homes that have been vacant for longer than X months?

I'm very seriously considering purchasing but it is a nice chunk. I would not expect any system to make the sales for me, but I would hope it provided accurate information.
It was a little easier to consider biting the bullet when I had thought the phone numbers and emails were accurate bc I could roll my skip-tracing budget into this purchase. It makes me nervous ah if the vacant homes list isn't 85%+ accurate or if their phone numbers/emails are NOT correct.
Those two points are my main justification to making this purchase.

@Chuck Roberson I have since moved on from the system, but not due to the cost, but finding a new software that works better for me. I found the vacants in REWW were touch and go, however, this is due to the local records that REWW uses and not a problem within REWW. Given REWW's current price (ouch!), in my opinion, you could spend your money much better on other software that is just a good (I pay $99 per month) and instead use that cash on INBOUND leads vs OUTBOUND leads. That's where the gold lies, IMO.

Originally posted by @Chuck Roberson :

@Luke Mitchell
What are your updated opinions as far as the ($795 x 3) system?  Has the information regarding vacant homes been accurate.

@Chris Clothier Is there the option to conduct a search for vacant homes that have been vacant for longer than X months?

I'm very seriously considering purchasing but it is a nice chunk. I would not expect any system to make the sales for me, but I would hope it provided accurate information.
It was a little easier to consider biting the bullet when I had thought the phone numbers and emails were accurate bc I could roll my skip-tracing budget into this purchase. It makes me nervous ah if the vacant homes list isn't 85%+ accurate or if their phone numbers/emails are NOT correct.
Those two points are my main justification to making this purchase.

As with any data aggregating system, there is always a failure rate where the data has changed or was incorrect to begin with.  As far as vacants, we do not drill down that deep on a majority of our mailers.  We focus instead on motivated sellers using data points that we think give us the most success.  We found that when the phone numbers are available they have been accurate for the most part.  But, they have not always been available.  You have to remember too that we are compiling lists for 7 different markets and each market has the data points compiled differently.   Not every data point we want is available in each market.

To be fair, we have looked at other systems because we are always around the different companies marketing them and we have participated in a number of masterminds where they are discussed.  We have only used FMSN and FCBN programs so I can't say first hand how they compare.  As always, I do point out that we have been using mailing list now for over 10 years and Kent has been at it for even longer.  He originally built the systems to streamline the Memphis Invest processes and after proof of concept developed them into a salable product.  So, for us, you're going to get this kind of answer.  It absolutely works and yes there is bad data in there just like anytime you use an aggregation system.  Anyone that tells you differently is lying.  Lastly, I think a key for us is the mailing company.  They are out of St Louis and are owned by one of the smartest direct marketers I have met.  Having someone in control of the actual mailing that understands the pieces themselves, the timing of the mailing and the need to clean a list, is very helpful.  He gives us great feedback and advice on the pieces we use.  That is a very important piece of this and is a definite plus for FMSN. 

I think you got some great feedback from another user on here who likes another service better.  At this point, whichever route you go, I am sure you will find success.  Best to you ~

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here