Kent Clothier REWW...Legit?

Kent Clothier REWW...Legit?

Contractor · Albany, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 33 votes

Hello everyone! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 

Has anybody used Kent Clothier's Find Cash Buyers Now or Find Motivated Sellers Now Programs? I am looking to buy both and would love some feedback. Thanks!

4Reply
144 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris ClothierBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Luke Mitchell:

Hello everyone! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 

Has anybody used Kent Clothier's Find Cash Buyers Now or Find Motivated Sellers Now Programs? I am looking to buy both and would love some feedback. Thanks!

 Luke,

You have to take my response with a grain of salt because Kent Clothier is my older brother.  

He founded REWW a few years ago and has been steadily building it into a legitimate interfacer with active real estate investors who want to dig deeper and get better at their craft.  I personally think he and his team have done a phenomenal job and I say that because I have often assisted real estate entrepreneurs who work with REWW by offering my expertise.  So I know how hard he is trying to help active investors through REWW and specifically how good FCBN and FMSN are.

We, Memphis Invest, use both of those programs specifically in our direct marketing programs.  This year we are on pace to purchase roughly 775 properties in five different markets and the data we get from FCBN and FMSN is the reason we are able to operate so efficiently.  The cash buyer program was built specifically on processes that Memphis Invest used and Kent built the system behind it so it could be done push button.  We spent hours on the work each week and he created a system to do it automatically.

One quick thing to understand, these systems are designed to help people who are going to be successful - to be successful faster.  It shortens the curve.  They are designed to save you time doing a time consuming process.  They also require you to send direct mail.  That is the primary purpose or each program though they have some other incredibly good uses for the data.  

Just wanted you to understand that it does work.  We use it every day.  However, you have to be committed and put the time, dollars and work in to turn the data into dollars on the other side.

Feel free to reach out.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Luke Mitchell:

    Hello everyone! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! 

    Has anybody used Kent Clothier's Find Cash Buyers Now or Find Motivated Sellers Now Programs? I am looking to buy both and would love some feedback. Thanks!

     Luke,

    You have to take my response with a grain of salt because Kent Clothier is my older brother.  

    He founded REWW a few years ago and has been steadily building it into a legitimate interfacer with active real estate investors who want to dig deeper and get better at their craft.  I personally think he and his team have done a phenomenal job and I say that because I have often assisted real estate entrepreneurs who work with REWW by offering my expertise.  So I know how hard he is trying to help active investors through REWW and specifically how good FCBN and FMSN are.

    We, Memphis Invest, use both of those programs specifically in our direct marketing programs.  This year we are on pace to purchase roughly 775 properties in five different markets and the data we get from FCBN and FMSN is the reason we are able to operate so efficiently.  The cash buyer program was built specifically on processes that Memphis Invest used and Kent built the system behind it so it could be done push button.  We spent hours on the work each week and he created a system to do it automatically.

    One quick thing to understand, these systems are designed to help people who are going to be successful - to be successful faster.  It shortens the curve.  They are designed to save you time doing a time consuming process.  They also require you to send direct mail.  That is the primary purpose or each program though they have some other incredibly good uses for the data.  

    Just wanted you to understand that it does work.  We use it every day.  However, you have to be committed and put the time, dollars and work in to turn the data into dollars on the other side.

    Feel free to reach out.

  • Contractor · Albany, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    Thanks so much @Chris Clothier for the response! I have spoken to a few other investors and have heard nothing but good things about the system. I hope to purchase them both very soon!

  • Contractor · Albany, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 33 votes
    8y

    Just wanted to add an update to this thread. I have purchased both FMSN and FCBN systems and they are fantastic! If you want great leads and a step up to help your Real Estate business launch quickly and effectively, I highly suggest Kent's system. I am hoping to upgrade to his S.M.A.R.T. suite in the next few months.

  • Investor · Glencoe, IL · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Hi Luke,

    Thanks for the update. If possible can you share your results using the systems regarding cost, leads and property purchases ... thanks

  • John S LewisPro Member
    Jackson, NJ · Member since 2017 · 167 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    @Luke Mitchell

    So is this software still working for you?  Have you done any deals?  Details?

  • Specialist · Pearland, TX · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    @Luke Mitchell Thanks for the post and the update. I just got through watching a seminar with Kent Clothier and he is selling the premium package for $1,990 or 3 payments of $795. Is this the same price you paid for the system? Is it still working for you? 

    Also, does any one here at BP know of any other similar applications or software? I really like what I have seen so far, but the pricing is a tad steeper than I was expecting. Especially since all it provides is "potential leads".

  • Contractor · Albany, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 33 votes
    8y

     I have since last month, cancelled my membership to the system. I upgraded to the basic version of the SMART suite and it was very touch and go with the leads. The FMSN system focuses mainly on vacants and much of the time, by the time I got the lead skip traced, it was no longer vacant. I didn't get into the FCBN system due to having no properties that I wanted to flip at the time. Pretty much all the phone numbers associated with the leads were incorrect, but the system was designed to use their in house mailer to send letters to the sellers, which I didn't have the budget for at the time. The total price per month for me was $150, which included Find Motivated Sellers, Find Cash Buyers and Find Private Lenders. I fully believe Kent is a stand up guy and his system works for many people, however, I have found more success in contacting my Tax and Code Enforcement offices for my leads. Also, contacting my local probate court and communicating with Probate Attorneys, is my next step to access more suitable motivated sellers. In most cases, using software like Kent's or Listsource is for the more advanced investor who has exhausted these other methods. Good luck and hope this info helps.

  • Specialist · Pearland, TX · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    @Luke Mitchell thanks a lot for your continued updates. When you say you get leads from Tax and Code Enforcement Offices, can you explain what you mean? 

    Will you please PM me at your convenience? I am quite new to all of this and although I am a fast learner, some things just have to be outright clearly explained. 

    Thanks in advance! 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 129 posts · 62 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Luke Mitchell:

     I have since last month, cancelled my membership to the system. I upgraded to the basic version of the SMART suite and it was very touch and go with the leads. The FMSN system focuses mainly on vacants and much of the time, by the time I got the lead skip traced, it was no longer vacant. I didn't get into the FCBN system due to having no properties that I wanted to flip at the time. Pretty much all the phone numbers associated with the leads were incorrect, but the system was designed to use their in house mailer to send letters to the sellers, which I didn't have the budget for at the time. The total price per month for me was $150, which included Find Motivated Sellers, Find Cash Buyers and Find Private Lenders. I fully believe Kent is a stand up guy and his system works for many people, however, I have found more success in contacting my Tax and Code Enforcement offices for my leads. Also, contacting my local probate court and communicating with Probate Attorneys, is my next step to access more suitable motivated sellers. In most cases, using software like Kent's or Listsource is for the more advanced investor who has exhaus?/

    @Chris Clothier do you find this issue with the vacant homes no longer vacant or the phone numbers being incorrect to be true as well? what's the best way to optimize this software? i'm guessing by stopping short of the direct mailers, the user is really doing a disservice to themselves?

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Does the find cash buyer now system come with phone numbers and email addresses?

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Luke Mitchell
    What are your updated opinions as far as the ($795 x 3) system?  Has the information regarding vacant homes been accurate.

    @Chris Clothier Is there the option to conduct a search for vacant homes that have been vacant for longer than X months?

    I'm very seriously considering purchasing but it is a nice chunk. I would not expect any system to make the sales for me, but I would hope it provided accurate information.
    It was a little easier to consider biting the bullet when I had thought the phone numbers and emails were accurate bc I could roll my skip-tracing budget into this purchase. It makes me nervous ah if the vacant homes list isn't 85%+ accurate or if their phone numbers/emails are NOT correct.
    Those two points are my main justification to making this purchase.

  • Contractor · Albany, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    @Chuck Roberson I have since moved on from the system, but not due to the cost, but finding a new software that works better for me. I found the vacants in REWW were touch and go, however, this is due to the local records that REWW uses and not a problem within REWW. Given REWW's current price (ouch!), in my opinion, you could spend your money much better on other software that is just a good (I pay $99 per month) and instead use that cash on INBOUND leads vs OUTBOUND leads. That's where the gold lies, IMO.

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Luke Mitchell, THANK YOU HUGE!

    Can I ask what system works better for you at producing leads?

  • Contractor · Albany, GA · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    @Chuck Roberson I use PropStream. Enjoy a 7 day free trail and test it out! It provides cash buyers as well. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Luke Mitchell thank you very much again. 

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Chuck Roberson:

    @Luke Mitchell
    What are your updated opinions as far as the ($795 x 3) system?  Has the information regarding vacant homes been accurate.

    @Chris Clothier Is there the option to conduct a search for vacant homes that have been vacant for longer than X months?

    I'm very seriously considering purchasing but it is a nice chunk. I would not expect any system to make the sales for me, but I would hope it provided accurate information.
    It was a little easier to consider biting the bullet when I had thought the phone numbers and emails were accurate bc I could roll my skip-tracing budget into this purchase. It makes me nervous ah if the vacant homes list isn't 85%+ accurate or if their phone numbers/emails are NOT correct.
    Those two points are my main justification to making this purchase.

    As with any data aggregating system, there is always a failure rate where the data has changed or was incorrect to begin with.  As far as vacants, we do not drill down that deep on a majority of our mailers.  We focus instead on motivated sellers using data points that we think give us the most success.  We found that when the phone numbers are available they have been accurate for the most part.  But, they have not always been available.  You have to remember too that we are compiling lists for 7 different markets and each market has the data points compiled differently.   Not every data point we want is available in each market.

    To be fair, we have looked at other systems because we are always around the different companies marketing them and we have participated in a number of masterminds where they are discussed.  We have only used FMSN and FCBN programs so I can't say first hand how they compare.  As always, I do point out that we have been using mailing list now for over 10 years and Kent has been at it for even longer.  He originally built the systems to streamline the Memphis Invest processes and after proof of concept developed them into a salable product.  So, for us, you're going to get this kind of answer.  It absolutely works and yes there is bad data in there just like anytime you use an aggregation system.  Anyone that tells you differently is lying.  Lastly, I think a key for us is the mailing company.  They are out of St Louis and are owned by one of the smartest direct marketers I have met.  Having someone in control of the actual mailing that understands the pieces themselves, the timing of the mailing and the need to clean a list, is very helpful.  He gives us great feedback and advice on the pieces we use.  That is a very important piece of this and is a definite plus for FMSN. 

    I think you got some great feedback from another user on here who likes another service better.  At this point, whichever route you go, I am sure you will find success.  Best to you ~

  • Wholesaler · Portland, TN · Member since 2012 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    I guess i am just sick and tired of sales pitches, even when a product works.  They all sound the same.  We are going to include this as a bonus if you just purchase today. All this and that etc.!!!!   And of course it is always going to be a multi-thousand dollar deal for the price of a song.   Blah, blah, blah, blah!!!  

  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Doyle Wilhoite Im with you on that one! There are so many sales pitchy products that are going to help you “take your business to the next level” or “double your income”

    Gotta take it all with a grain of salt, these people dont make money by me being successful, they make money by selling their products to as many people as possible.

    I will step down from my soapbox now

  • Wholesaler · Portland, TN · Member since 2012 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Lydia R.:

    @Doyle Wilhoite Im with you on that one! There are so many sales pitchy products that are going to help you “take your business to the next level” or “double your income”

    these people dont make money by me being successful, 

    This is an excellent point.!!!  We need to look for sellers that depend on our success.

  • Wholesaler · Portage, MI · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Generally I have found that if the action steps of any training are taken and followed to the T... the results will more than cover your investment in the program, add to your bag of useable knowledge, build your sphere of meaningful relationships and have a positive effect on your income... the key is implementation of the knowledge... “just do it” like NIKE says... 

  • Investor · East Kilbride, Scotland · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    I would suggest going through the following link and reading the reviews before considering buying any program of Kent Clothier:

    https://dirtyscam.com/reviews/kent-clothier-real-e...

    Also I noticed that his Youtube videos contains lots of dislikes compared to likes, that caused me to do some research on him and came across the above link.

  • Saint Louis · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hey everyone! I’m revisiting this thread, as I’ve been seeing a lot of ads for the REWW software. After researching it, I did see that it’s, of course, a sales pitch to double profits and speeds up the process. I’m, by no means, against the software and I think it could be a really great investment tool given that it has worked well for others and reading @Chris Clothier’s response and testimony.

    As a new investor/wholesaler who hasn’t done any deals yet, that price point is very steep to me.  I’ve been driving for dollars for the past 2 months now and have been using the DealMachine app to do so. But I haven’t had any responses, most of the phone numbers it searches for on the properties are wrong, and their email addresses. It also got too expensive sending postcards every week to over 70 houses and over 100 different addresses. 

    I’d love to know what are some other alternatives to REWW that help automate your wholesaling, deal-finding processes?

    Thanks in advance!

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hello All, 

    What would you suggest is the best way to find and compile a plethora of active cash buyers in your market? Does Kent's System (Find Cash Buyers Now)  

  • Realtor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Jorge Rodriguez

    I have used Kent's SMART system in the past and NO it's not a scam. You have to keep in mind that thousands of others subscribers are also out there using the same system. A great way to find cash buyers are REI meet ups, your local auction because that's cash only so everyone there is using cash, and a great website with strong SEO. All of these are little to no cost.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 2 votes
    7y

    DO NOT BUY.  It's a complete crock of ****.  Outdated information at it's finest.  I paid close to $1500 for the software...not one lead.  It's off by like 3 months or so.  There's no shortcut to success, just a bunch of people trying to sell you otherwise.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.