Is a website important?

13 Replies

I was wondering if I should build a website before I start wholesaling.  I was looking at my list of things to do and was wondering if I can get buyers or sellers on my team if I do not have a website.  What are your thoughts?

@Philissa Gilliard I think this depends on the individual and who you're targeting to do business with, If someone contacted me wanting to conduct business and the only digital footprint they had was a Gmail account or something similar I wouldn't respond assuming it was fraud or someone who didn't have their business together so dealing with them may not be as professional. With companies like Godaddy, and a host of other low priced sites, you can get a business website fairly cheap. I recommend establishing an online presence for your business even if it's just an information site.
Originally posted by @Ray Johnson :
@Philissa Gilliard I think this depends on the individual and who you're targeting to do business with, If someone contacted me wanting to conduct business and the only digital footprint they had was a Gmail account or something similar I wouldn't respond assuming it was fraud or someone who didn't have their business together so dealing with them may not be as professional. With companies like Godaddy, and a host of other low priced sites, you can get a business website fairly cheap. I recommend establishing an online presence for your business even if it's just an information site.
Originally posted by @Ray Johnson :Thanks. I am working on it right now. I went to wix.com to create a simple and informational site. Thanks for your advice.

I agree. At least a simple informational website with a form to capture their info (property address, phone number, email, name) is good so you can create that online presence and give your business some validity.

If you are wholesaling it is imperative you have a strategy behind your site.  Is it for seller lead capture?  Credibility?  Buyer marketing?

@Philissa Gilliard Ensure you think through your wholesaling goals and have your site strategically built to support these.

Originally posted by @Craig Bellot :

If you are wholesaling it is imperative you have a strategy behind your site.  Is it for seller lead capture?  Credibility?  Buyer marketing?

@Philissa Gilliard Ensure you think through your wholesaling goals and have your site strategically built to support these.

All of the above.  Have you heard of fiverr.com. Is that a good place to have website content and a business facebook page created?

Originally posted by @Ryan Substad :

I agree. At least a simple informational website with a form to capture their info (property address, phone number, email, name) is good so you can create that online presence and give your business some validity.

I want to be able to capture information from buyers and sellers on my website. As a newbie I do not have a list of either yet. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I begin meeting with people. Thanks for your response.

@Philissa Gilliard yes fiverr can work for this.  I've also set up many of these sites and could get you set up if you'd like.

Fiverr is good if you want to outsource this work. If you like to build a simple website and a lead capture form you can try www.wix.com or something similar. These days website builders have become much simpler to use and some are free. You can have much more control like - color, font, content etc versus outsourcing this work.  If it gets too complicated, you can always fall back to fiverr :)

Sammy G., Property Manager
Originally posted by @Sammy G. :

Fiverr is good if you want to outsource this work. If you like to build a simple website and a lead capture form you can try www.wix.com or something similar. These days website builders have become much simpler to use and some are free. You can have much more control like - color, font, content etc versus outsourcing this work.  If it gets too complicated, you can always fall back to fiverr :)

It's funny. I am in wix now. I also looked up fiverr and they help with wix as well.  I will like my website to have seo in the content. They offer that service in fiverr. I really don't want to deal with building a website. I just want to outsource as much as possible so that I can focus on learning wholesaling thoroughly. 

@Philissa Gilliard if you want to eventually have people coming to you for deals instead of relying 100% on pitching, then build the site. It's great for credibility and can be the one factor that would have someone pick you over someone else who is trying to get them under contract. 

Onward!

sjw

Hey @Philissa Gilliard ! I definitely think a website can be important for wholesaling. Many of our customers base their entire business around websites that generate leads and help them build their buyer lists. When you're getting started with a site it is a great credibility tool, but over time it can turn into an important part of your overall lead generation machine. Good luck!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.