Omg! No transportation

9 Replies

So I was doing everything to prepare for my wholesaling business. Website, social media, craigslist ads, phone scripts for buyers and sellers, buyer and seller questionnaires, and started to sign up for re meetings. Then wtf transmission starts to give on my vehicle. So I begin to think what can I do now.  

Then I start to think what if I call up other wholesalers and offer my services. Offer a 50/50 deal. I am  thinking of getting a list from listsource.com and find homes from craigslist, zillow, etc. 

This is all coming to mind because I will not be able to go to meetings to network with buyers, realtors, etc.  

Does this seem like a good idea? Does anyone else have any ideas on how I can continue my business remotely.

Thanks in advance.

It may come off as sounding silly, but I'd pay someone to drive me around. Better yet, I'd hail an Uber or Lyft or something. That may actually work out twice as good as you can build relationships with these drivers to send you leads if they find any.

Originally posted by @Dustin Verley :

It may come off as sounding silly, but I'd pay someone to drive me around. Better yet, I'd hail an Uber or Lyft or something. That may actually work out twice as good as you can build relationships with these drivers to send you leads if they find any.

I was thinking the same due to I can just use them when I know that I have a viewing. I have considered using Uber to go to REIA meetings. I live 30 minutes away from the city and that is where all the meetings are. But I see alot of people making deals in different states. All of that is done remotely?

Many who do this business remotely have developed some solid systems in place that alleviate the need for a physical presence, along with some "boots on the ground" as well. Overall, it comes down to learning the business and the remote markets you're trying to penetrate. As for the REIA meet ups, I would say an Uber would work fine (just my personal opinion.) After a couple connections, maybe you can network with someone at the meet-up who is heads in the same direction and would be willing to give you a ride.

What exactly are you looking to do? Do you need a ride to view and take pictures of the properties you have under contract?
Originally posted by @Canesha Edwards :
What exactly are you looking to do? Do you need a ride to view and take pictures of the properties you have under contract?

Yes. I have not gotten any property under contract just of yet. Still working on that but that is one of the reason, and to go to REIA meetings.

I would take some of your marketing money and use it to fix the transmission on the car. I imagine an active wholesaler will need to be driving to many properties. By the time you pay Uber for all that, you probably could have a fixed car.

Originally posted by @Brian Pulaski :

I would take some of your marketing money and use it to fix the transmission on the car. I imagine an active wholesaler will need to be driving to many properties. By the time you pay Uber for all that, you probably could have a fixed car.

Lol yeah I did that. My car is in the shop now.  I  am taking uber while its being repaired.  

Try turo.com. There may be someone near you renting out their car. I've been using it for years. Some of the car owners even offer free delivery. usually costs less than using an Uber all day or renting from one of the big named companies. And you of course get the car all day.
Originally posted by @Byron W. :
Try turo.com. There may be someone near you renting out their car. I've been using it for years. Some of the car owners even offer free delivery. usually costs less than using an Uber all day or renting from one of the big named companies. And you of course get the car all day.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.