Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden :
Originally posted by @Sharad M.:
Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
Originally posted by @Duy Nguyen:

Hello all,

What kind of marketing strategy are you guys doing nowadays? Does DM still work in today’s competitive market? I sent out 3.9K letter this past month (I am committed for a 6 months campaign). It has been about 4 days since my mail hit, I got about 16 calls, most of them goes: “ f off”, “ don’t send me anything”, “ my house is not for sale”. No actual lead yet.

What are your thoughts? I am wondering if DM still works. Thanks in advanced

Hi Duy, Direct Mail still works but it's a long term marketing strategy and specially in a competitive market like Houston, TX you have to very careful with your list. Don't mail to list like Absentee High Equity and expect to get a deal on 1st mailing. Try more niche lists like preforeclosure, tax delinquent, water shut off, code enforcement, etc.

And IF you are going to do DM long term, then commit to 4-6 mailings to the same list. The magic of Direct Mail comes handy over long term. We get calls from people that we had mailed several months ago but they hold on to the letter or postcard and call back when they are ready to sell their house.

I would have other marketing going on also but if you have to pick a marketing strategy, pick the one you can stick with THE longest because THE MOST important thing with marketing is consistency.

Also sending mailings to the same list is also a myth. It is an illusion it doesn't work! I am telling you it is an illusion.

It takes a long piece of text to explain exactly why this doesn't work and why it is an illusion, but I will if I have to.

Just because Direct Mail didn't work you doesn't mean it doesn't or won't work for anyone else. Here's the actual data. We closed 41 deals from Direct Mail.

I am part of several high level real estate masterminds and majority of the very top investors use Direct Mail for consistent deals. Again just because you didn't do so well in Direct Mail doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Please don't misguiding people that sending to the same list is a myth. Your incorrect statements and lack of experience about Direct Mail can hurt a lot of people in lost time and money. You are a freaking expert in SEO but that is not THE ONLY lead gen. To be honest, if I could get more traffic from my SEO I would love that because the ROI will be through the roof with SEO but you are leaving so much money on the table by not doing other marketing. We buy A LOT of houses from older people and they are not tech savvy and not going to Google to look for a home buyer.

People are reaching out to them via Cold Calling and Direct Mail. 

I have tried MANY marketing channels so I am speaking from experience.

The numbers below don't include revenue from 14 deals we have in the pipeline that will be closing soon and majority of those came from Direct Mail as well.

Sigh... so stubborn,

People simply refuse to think on their own.

Here is why sending multiple mailers to the same group is an illusion.

1st Time Sending:

Imagine you send out 1000 mailers and 100 people see your mailers. Out of the 100 that see them lets say 40 people are interested.

Out of the 40 people 10 respond to you immediately and 30 are on the fence.

2nd time sending:

Out of the 30 people that were on the fence, 5 respond to you the second time and you pissed 10 people off. These are gone. They hate you now and call you to take them off your list. So you have 15 people left over that didn't call you for more info and they didn't leave you, but they are obviously a bit annoyed.

3rd time sending a mailer:

The more often you send a mailer the faster the recipient will now be pissed as you are annoying them. So out of the 15 people left you get 1 call and 14 bounce.

So in total you have gotten 10 immediate leads, and then you got 6 additional leads resending the mailers. 

So you got 16 leads in total

So YOU say.. SEE I TOLD you it works... because you have NO CLUE how many leads you LOST sending the repeat mailers. HOW could you know?

Now consider this

sending 1000 mailers.

100 people see the mailers and you get 40 people interested and 10 respond immediately.

Since you didn't harass them the other 30 interested simply needed more time and eventually 15 of them will naturally get back in touch with you at a later point. (How many of you received a call from a mailer you send out months and months , even years ago, and they called you up? (I am raising my hand). So yes they WILL call you back as long as you do not piss them off, be pushy or harass them.

So for that round of one time mailing I made 25 leads.

SO I already beat you here.

BUT the story doesn't end here ohh no.

Instead of using the money to send mailers to the exact same poeple I am now sending a brand new bunch of people the mailers.

And again, out of the 100 people that see the mailers.. bla bla bla, same story and again I get 25 leads.

That is 50 leads,

And with the third mailer THE SAME thing and now I have 75 leads, vs your 16 leads.

You may think well that is a lot of number manipulating... now I ask you.. IS IT??

Is it really?

The majority of people DO NOT LIKE being pressured. You sending a mailer again you are PUSHY and you WILL turn people off.

Now tell me honestly:

If you get 3 mailers and one is from me, and 2 others were from seriously pushy annoying disrespectful people that keep sending you mailers. Who would you call back after you are ready?

those 2 that have pissed you off.. or that one guy (me) that is credible polite respectful and NOT DESPERATE?

Sp while you sending the mailers out 6 times and getting just a fraction for the interested people every time you resend the mailers while pissing off the majority of the people that were interested you THINK you are gaining leads while in fact you are LOSING them

Tell me honestly.

Do YOU like to be bombarded and pressured with mailers? No right? Well neither does the other 99% of the population.

So YES it is an illusion.

You will NEVER know how many potential leads you are losing because you are being pushy You can NEVER know.

Now you will say, but sending the mailers again will have people see the mailers the second time when they didnt see it at first. Here is where I tell you nope! It is not that people do not see your mailers. They simply throw them away because no one like spam. so that doesn't count!

You cant argue with the numbers bud.

"You cant argue with the numbers bud" 100% AGREED! BTW, numbers which I have shared and you haven't.

Anyway, let me know if I can help you with your DMM campaigns.

WHY in hells name would I hire you for lead generation??

You are telling me that it will cost me $5 THOUSAND dollars / deal... $5,000.- and ON TOP of that I have to pay you for your services? 

And on top of that top of that all my leads are WAY better quality than yours AND they are free!!

You must be crazy dude!

No thanks.

I am good. :)

But good luck with the DMM though!

So you are getting on average 1 lead/day?? I thought you would show your inbox flooded with leads like 15-20 SEO leads/day. NO you have average 1 lead/day and some days no lead. hahahaha..what a joke, what a freaking joke. 

Show me how many deals you have closed brother?? You are making a pathetic less than $5k profit/deal and hardly getting any leads.

Good luck dude. Keep selling your SEO services to uninformed people.

Originally posted by @Sharad M. :

Hello all,

What kind of marketing strategy are you guys doing nowadays? Does DM still work in today’s competitive market? I sent out 3.9K letter this past month (I am committed for a 6 months campaign). It has been about 4 days since my mail hit, I got about 16 calls, most of them goes: “ f off”, “ don’t send me anything”, “ my house is not for sale”. No actual lead yet.

Hi Duy, Direct Mail still works but it's a long term marketing strategy and specially in a competitive market like Houston, TX you have to very careful with your list. Don't mail to list like Absentee High Equity and expect to get a deal on 1st mailing. Try more niche lists like preforeclosure, tax delinquent, water shut off, code enforcement, etc.

And IF you are going to do DM long term, then commit to 4-6 mailings to the same list. The magic of Direct Mail comes handy over long term. We get calls from people that we had mailed several months ago but they hold on to the letter or postcard and call back when they are ready to sell their house.

I would have other marketing going on also but if you have to pick a marketing strategy, pick the one you can stick with THE longest because THE MOST important thing with marketing is consistency.

Also sending mailings to the same list is also a myth. It is an illusion it doesn't work! I am telling you it is an illusion.

It takes a long piece of text to explain exactly why this doesn't work and why it is an illusion, but I will if I have to.

Just because Direct Mail didn't work you doesn't mean it doesn't or won't work for anyone else. Here's the actual data. We closed 41 deals from Direct Mail.

I am part of several high level real estate masterminds and majority of the very top investors use Direct Mail for consistent deals. Again just because you didn't do so well in Direct Mail doesn't mean it doesn't work.

Please don't misguiding people that sending to the same list is a myth. Your incorrect statements and lack of experience about Direct Mail can hurt a lot of people in lost time and money. You are a freaking expert in SEO but that is not THE ONLY lead gen. To be honest, if I could get more traffic from my SEO I would love that because the ROI will be through the roof with SEO but you are leaving so much money on the table by not doing other marketing. We buy A LOT of houses from older people and they are not tech savvy and not going to Google to look for a home buyer.

The numbers below don't include revenue from 14 deals we have in the pipeline that will be closing soon and majority of those came from Direct Mail as well.

Sigh... so stubborn,

People simply refuse to think on their own.

Here is why sending multiple mailers to the same group is an illusion.

1st Time Sending:

Imagine you send out 1000 mailers and 100 people see your mailers. Out of the 100 that see them lets say 40 people are interested.

Out of the 40 people 10 respond to you immediately and 30 are on the fence.

2nd time sending:

Out of the 30 people that were on the fence, 5 respond to you the second time and you pissed 10 people off. These are gone. They hate you now and call you to take them off your list. So you have 15 people left over that didn't call you for more info and they didn't leave you, but they are obviously a bit annoyed.

3rd time sending a mailer:

The more often you send a mailer the faster the recipient will now be pissed as you are annoying them. So out of the 15 people left you get 1 call and 14 bounce.

So in total you have gotten 10 immediate leads, and then you got 6 additional leads resending the mailers. 

So you got 16 leads in total

So YOU say.. SEE I TOLD you it works... because you have NO CLUE how many leads you LOST sending the repeat mailers. HOW could you know?

Now consider this

sending 1000 mailers.

100 people see the mailers and you get 40 people interested and 10 respond immediately.

Since you didn't harass them the other 30 interested simply needed more time and eventually 15 of them will naturally get back in touch with you at a later point. (How many of you received a call from a mailer you send out months and months , even years ago, and they called you up? (I am raising my hand). So yes they WILL call you back as long as you do not piss them off, be pushy or harass them.

So for that round of one time mailing I made 25 leads.

SO I already beat you here.

BUT the story doesn't end here ohh no.

Instead of using the money to send mailers to the exact same poeple I am now sending a brand new bunch of people the mailers.

And again, out of the 100 people that see the mailers.. bla bla bla, same story and again I get 25 leads.

That is 50 leads,

And with the third mailer THE SAME thing and now I have 75 leads, vs your 16 leads.

You may think well that is a lot of number manipulating... now I ask you.. IS IT??

Is it really?

The majority of people DO NOT LIKE being pressured. You sending a mailer again you are PUSHY and you WILL turn people off.

Now tell me honestly:

If you get 3 mailers and one is from me, and 2 others were from seriously pushy annoying disrespectful people that keep sending you mailers. Who would you call back after you are ready?

those 2 that have pissed you off.. or that one guy (me) that is credible polite respectful and NOT DESPERATE?

Sp while you sending the mailers out 6 times and getting just a fraction for the interested people every time you resend the mailers while pissing off the majority of the people that were interested you THINK you are gaining leads while in fact you are LOSING them

Tell me honestly.

Do YOU like to be bombarded and pressured with mailers? No right? Well neither does the other 99% of the population.

So YES it is an illusion.

You will NEVER know how many potential leads you are losing because you are being pushy You can NEVER know.

Now you will say, but sending the mailers again will have people see the mailers the second time when they didnt see it at first. Here is where I tell you nope! It is not that people do not see your mailers. They simply throw them away because no one like spam. so that doesn't count!

You cant argue with the numbers bud.

"You cant argue with the numbers bud" 100% AGREED! BTW, numbers which I have shared and you haven't.

Anyway, let me know if I can help you with your DMM campaigns.

WHY in hells name would I hire you for lead generation??

You are telling me that it will cost me $5 THOUSAND dollars / deal... $5,000.- and ON TOP of that I have to pay you for your services? 

And on top of that top of that all my leads are WAY better quality than yours AND they are free!!

You must be crazy dude!

No thanks.

I am good. :)

But good luck with the DMM though!

So you are getting on average 1 lead/day?? I thought you would show your inbox flooded with leads like 15-20 SEO leads/day. NO you have average 1 lead/day and some days no lead. hahahaha..what a joke, what a freaking joke. 

Show me how many deals you have closed brother?? You are making a pathetic less than $5k profit/deal and hardly getting any leads.

Good luck dude. Keep selling your SEO services to uninformed people.

Sorry dude. I am done with this.

But just curious... How do you calculate 1 lead/day?

I have shown you 30 leads a WEEK. Not a month.

And those are JUST website leads. I didn't even count the phone calls we are getting... And all the leads are free. Even IF I  got 30 leads a month they are free. So I really don't see how it could possibly be bad.

But yes, some days I get just 1 or 2 and some days I get 12. This is organic lead generation.

Go figure...

Summers are better than winters.

Peace brother.

It's very clear that Jerry likes SEO and sells a service for it. 

@Sharad M. is one of the most legit investors I know who can MORE than back up what he's saying. (I've been using his CRM and it's GLORIOUS)

I'm a buy & hold investor and we bought over 140 units in the past two years with the vast majority of them coming from direct mail. We also wholetale, wholesale, and flip multi six figures in profit per year. 

That being said... I also have had the #1 ranking SERP brand in my market for that time frame as well. I LOVE seo. It gets me 1-2 deals a month. The lead quality is great.  I also love PPC advertising. It gets us another 1-2 a month.

Direct mail, however, is one of the only LEGAL niche's that is scalable and not in a gray area. 

All of the guys I know who are doing 50+ deals a year (us included) are using multiple avenues with a large portion of their deal flow coming from Direct Mail. I do not know a single investor doing 50+ deals a year with just Seo in a single metro. 

It's like Facebook advertising. People will "try it" do it wrong and blame the medium. If you're sending dishonest marketing, 3rd notice postcards, using crappy data, etc you're going to get bad results. Junk in. Junk out. 

Just so there's no personal attacks or "questions". Here is the screenshot of my Carrot account.

Marketers tend to get violently protective of their preferred niche'. I'm more interested in growing as an investor and a marketer than I am on dying on the stake of a particular marketing avenue. 

The big dogs diversify, build local community brands, are thoughtful in their marketing, and ensure that their users have an incredible experience. 

Yes it still works!

We just locked up 3 deals these past two weeks from direct mail.

The key is knowing your numbers and your teams or your conversion rate.

For me my response rate here in Orlando is .5%. Yes, only half of 1% and my ACQ team converts between 25-30 leads/contract which means that to get 1 lead I have to send out between 5,000 - 6,000 mail pieces.

Now I’m in a very competitive market. Others have higher response rates and some even less so truly knowing your market numbers is the key to success in Direct Mail.

@Jerryll Noorden

What? I get mail from Nike, Adidas and tons of other brands all the time. They’re business isn’t buying houses so I don’t expect a handwritten letter.

Man don’t come on here and give this guy bad advice. I’ve seen your Facebook ads where you’re pitching this “no mail” coaching program of yours.

I’m not hating but don’t bash a lead generation system that is absolutely trackable and scalable si then you can pitch “your way” and oh pay me to show you this hidden method.

All the big wholesalers in the country that are doing $1MM in annual revenue use Direct Mail as their primary lead generation so YES it still works!

Originally posted by @Christian Marin :

@Jerryll Noorden

What? I get mail from Nike, Adidas and tons of other brands all the time. They’re business isn’t buying houses so I don’t expect a handwritten letter.

Man don’t come on here and give this guy bad advice. I’ve seen your Facebook ads where you’re pitching this “no mail” coaching program of yours.

I’m not hating but don’t bash a lead generation system that is absolutely trackable and scalable si then you can pitch “your way” and oh pay me to show you this hidden method.

All the big wholesalers in the country that are doing $1MM in annual revenue use Direct Mail as their primary lead generation so YES it still works!

I do not do facebook ads for my motivated seller lead gen. I do facebook ads for my SEO business. Big difference. And I am not at all against facebook or PPC. What I am against is to tell newbies to do DMM, and then not tell them that they have to spend 5K per deal. When was that going to made clear? After they spend 4K on mailers without success?

There is no need to be butt hurt dude. I didn't say DMM can't get you deals. I said it is not reliable. If you need to spend 5K for a deal, sorry. but that is not acceptable for me... OR for most newbies getting into the business. Again you can argue all you want ... you are arguing against the numbers! Not me.

So dude, argue away... go do DMM if you liek it so mucjh. The smart ones are looking into better lead generation methods and you really don't have to do it if you don't want to dude.

Originally posted by @Christian Marin :

Yes it still works!

We just locked up 3 deals these past two weeks from direct mail.

The key is knowing your numbers and your teams or your conversion rate.

For me my response rate here in Orlando is .5%. Yes, only half of 1% and my ACQ team converts between 25-30 leads/contract which means that to get 1 lead I have to send out between 5,000 - 6,000 mail pieces.

Now I’m in a very competitive market. Others have higher response rates and some even less so truly knowing your market numbers is the key to success in Direct Mail.

you just proved my point.

Yes numbers is the key to success. Exactly. Spend as much money as possible send out as many mailers as possible and by the law of probability some should hit.

We are saying the exact same thing.

To SOME that is OK. To others.. like me.. it is not.

Now if that is OK for you, dude awesome. Good for you.

I am a bit more efficient/smarter with my money and lead generation. 

@Duy Nguyen @Jerryll Noorden

I didnt read the entire post, only around the first 20 or so reponses. I've been reading Jerryll's responses to a lot of posts over the last few months. Respect the man and his obvious main marketing channel: internet leads that come through an Awesome SEO setup that he's spent a lot of time crafting and setting up. Much respect. With that being said, several responses on this top has asked for data for DM. THats about all I use. Took the time to pull my data from 2019. Blocked out the zipcodes and cities as I dont want to invite competition. Its an excel sheet so up to everyone to beleive or not believe if I made up these numbers. I dont really care either way. Here ya go

CAMPAIGNID Campaign Name Type Property Zipcode Property City Sent Calls Response Rate % Leads Offers Closed Deals Campaign Costs Revenue
zcrm_2522307000006252390 Inherited Properties Postcard s 355 3 0.86 2 2 1 $138.80 $8,000.00
zcrm_2522307000006252408 Absentee Owners Postcard 226 1 0.45 0 0 0 $89.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335020 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard 235 1 0.43 1 0 0 $94.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335041 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 139 2 1.44 2 1 0 $55.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335054 Owner Occupied Postcard 244 0 0 0 0 0 $97.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006440075 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard 338 3 0.89 3 3 0 $133.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006440096 Absentee Owners Postcard 507 4 0.79 4 1 0 $202.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006536016 Absentee Owners Postcard 478 7 1.47 6 4 0 $186.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006536040 Inherited Properties Postcard 315 3 1.02 2 2 0 $114.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666108 Absentee Owners Postcard 659 6 0.92 6 6 0 $258.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666135 Absentee Owners Postcard 701 4 0.58 3 1 0 $276.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666165 Absentee Owners Postcard 258 2 0.8 2 2 0 $100.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006935047 Absentee Owners Postcard 553 8 1.46 7 4 0 $221.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006935932 2019 Winter Inherited Properties Postcard 163 2 1.25 1 1 0 $58.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049051 Absentee Owners Postcard 229 1 0.44 1 0 0 $90.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049057 Absentee Owners Postcard 73 1 1.37 1 0 0 $29.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049063 Absentee Owners Postcard 413 6 1.47 6 3 1 $162.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007136021 Absentee Owners Postcard 294 5 1.71 4 3 0 $114.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007136036 Absentee Owners Postcard 408 6 1.48 5 5 0 $161.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007217412 Absentee Owners Postcard 232 0 0 0 0 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007217424 Inherited Properties Postcard 344 2 0.59 2 2 0 $132.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007233995 Seller Follow Up Postcard 206 12 6.12 9 8 2 $76.80 $10,500.00
zcrm_2522307000007344222 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 136 1 0.74 1 0 0 $54.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007344241 Owner Occupied Postcard 243 2 0.82 1 1 0 $96.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007344249 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard 229 1 0.44 0 0 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007443315 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard 330 4 1.22 3 3 0 $129.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007443339 Absentee Owners Postcard 509 5 0.98 3 3 0 $202.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007542019 Absentee Owners Postcard 487 6 1.23 5 6 0 $192.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007542044 Inherited Properties Postcard 289 1 0.35 0 0 0 $110.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007606370 Absentee Owners Postcard 666 7 1.05 6 5 0 $264.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007667003 Absentee Owners Postcard 712 7 0.99 6 6 2 $281.60 $20,000.00
zcrm_2522307000007667009 Absentee Owners Postcard 272 4 1.47 4 3 1 $108.80 $20,000.00
zcrm_2522307000008167402 2019 Spring Inherited List Postcard 148 0 0 0 0 0 $74.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008453006 Absentee Owners Postcard 553 10 1.81 9 6 0 $220.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572341 Absentee Owners Postcard 229 4 1.75 3 3 0 $91.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572347 Absentee Owners Postcard 74 1 1.35 1 0 0 $29.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572353 Absentee Owners Postcard 416 1 0.24 1 0 0 $165.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008659189 Absentee Owners Postcard   288 0 0 0 0 0 $115.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008659195 Absentee Owners Postcard 396 1 0.25 0 0 0 $158.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008750043 Seller Follow Up Postcard 242 0 0 0 0 0 $95.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008753001 Absentee Owners Postcard 228 0 0 0 0 0 $91.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008755001 Inherited Properties Postcard 371 2 0.54 2 2 0 $148.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851640 Owner Occupied Postcard 234 1 0.43 1 1 0 $93.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851663 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 133 1 0.75 1 1 0 $53.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851669 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard 227 2 0.88 1 1 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008987010 Absentee Owners Postcard 500 6 1.2 3 0 0 $200.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008987016 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard 320 5 1.56 4 2 $126.00
zcrm_2522307000009067005 Absentee Owners Postcard 477 2 0.42 2 1 0 $189.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009067011 Inherited Properties Postcard 424 4 0.95 4 4 1 $159.20 $13,000.00
zcrm_2522307000009157038 Absentee Owners Postcard 654 6 0.92 3 1 0 $261.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009233227 Absentee Owners Postcard 701 1 0.14 1 1 0 $280.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009321088 Absentee Owners Postcard 266 2 0.75 2 1 0 $104.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009371003 2019 Summer Inherited Properties Postcard 143 7 4.9 7 4 0 $71.50 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800131 Absentee Owners Postcard 224 3 1.34 2 1 0 $89.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800144 Absentee Owners Postcard 73 2 2.78 2 2 0 $29.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800150 Absentee Owners Postcard 404 8 1.98 5 5 1 $161.60 $9,000.00
zcrm_2522307000009803003 Absentee Owners Postcard 365 6 1.64 5 5 0 $146.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009957021 Absentee Owners Postcard 280 4 1.43 1 1 0 $112.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009957027 Absentee Owners Postcard 393 11 2.8 10 9 0 $157.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109337 Inherited Properties Postcard 388 8 2.08 7 5 0 $155.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109343 Absentee Owners Postcard 223 2 0.9 1 1 0 $89.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109349 Seller Follow Up Postcard 263 8 3.05 8 3 0 $105.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236001 Owner Occupied Postcard 212 1 0.47 1 1 0 $84.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236007 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 102 1 0.98 1 1 0 $40.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236013 WF Tax Delinquents Postcard 444 8 1.86 5 3 0 $177.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010279020 Absentee Owners Postcard 492 6 1.23 5 4 0 $196.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010279029 Absentee Owners Postcard 470 13 2.81 10 9 1 $188.00 $8,500.00
zcrm_2522307000010279035 Inherited Properties Postcard 404 6 1.59 5 5 1 $161.60 $19,400.00
zcrm_2522307000010560904 Absentee Owners Postcard 648 12 1.88 6 6 0 $259.20 $0.00
Total 29078 306 1.052341977 246 182 11 $9,946.90 $113,400.00
Cost Per Lead $40.43
Cost Per Deal $904.26
Average Revenue Per Deal $10,309.09
Average NET PROFIT PER DEAL $9,404.83
Average Net Profit % Per Deal 91.23%
Average Expense Per Deal 8.77%
Originally posted by @Robert S. :

I didnt read the entire post, only around the first 20 or so reponses. I've been reading Jerryll's responses to a lot of posts over the last few months. Respect the man and his obvious main marketing channel: internet leads that come through an Awesome SEO setup that he's spent a lot of time crafting and setting up. Much respect. With that being said, several responses on this top has asked for data for DM. THats about all I use. Took the time to pull my data from 2019. Blocked out the zipcodes and cities as I dont want to invite competition. Its an excel sheet so up to everyone to beleive or not believe if I made up these numbers. I dont really care either way. Here ya go

CAMPAIGNID Campaign Name Type Property Zipcode Property City Sent Calls Response Rate % Leads Offers Closed Deals Campaign Costs Revenue
zcrm_2522307000006252390 Inherited Properties Postcard Wichita Falls 355 3 0.86 2 2 1 $138.80 $8,000.00
zcrm_2522307000006252408 Absentee Owners Postcard 76310 Wichita Falls 226 1 0.45 0 0 0 $89.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335020 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard Wichita Falls 235 1 0.43 1 0 0 $94.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335041 Quit Claim Deed Postcard Wichita Falls 139 2 1.44 2 1 0 $55.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335054 Owner Occupied Postcard Wichita Falls 244 0 0 0 0 0 $97.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006440075 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard Wichita Falls 338 3 0.89 3 3 0 $133.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006440096 Absentee Owners Postcard 79601 Abilene 507 4 0.79 4 1 0 $202.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006536016 Absentee Owners Postcard 79602 Abilene 478 7 1.47 6 4 0 $186.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006536040 Inherited Properties Postcard Abilene 315 3 1.02 2 2 0 $114.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666108 Absentee Owners Postcard 79603 Abilene 659 6 0.92 6 6 0 $258.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666135 Absentee Owners Postcard 79605 Abilene 701 4 0.58 3 1 0 $276.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666165 Absentee Owners Postcard 79606 Abilene 258 2 0.8 2 2 0 $100.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006935047 Absentee Owners Postcard 76301 Wichita Falls 553 8 1.46 7 4 0 $221.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006935932 2019 Winter Inherited Properties Postcard All 163 2 1.25 1 1 0 $58.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049051 Absentee Owners Postcard 76302 Wichita Falls 229 1 0.44 1 0 0 $90.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049057 Absentee Owners Postcard 76305 Wichita Falls 73 1 1.37 1 0 0 $29.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049063 Absentee Owners Postcard 76306 Wichita Falls 413 6 1.47 6 3 1 $162.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007136021 Absentee Owners Postcard 76308 Wichita Falls 294 5 1.71 4 3 0 $114.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007136036 Absentee Owners Postcard 76309 Wichita Falls 408 6 1.48 5 5 0 $161.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007217412 Absentee Owners Postcard 76310 Wichita Falls 232 0 0 0 0 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007217424 Inherited Properties Postcard Wichita Falls 344 2 0.59 2 2 0 $132.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007233995 Seller Follow Up Postcard All Markets 206 12 6.12 9 8 2 $76.80 $10,500.00
zcrm_2522307000007344222 Quit Claim Deed Postcard Wichita Falls 136 1 0.74 1 0 0 $54.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007344241 Owner Occupied Postcard Wichita Falls 243 2 0.82 1 1 0 $96.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007344249 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard Wichita Falls 229 1 0.44 0 0 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007443315 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard Wichita Falls 330 4 1.22 3 3 0 $129.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007443339 Absentee Owners Postcard 79601 Abilene 509 5 0.98 3 3 0 $202.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007542019 Absentee Owners Postcard 79602 Abilene 487 6 1.23 5 6 0 $192.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007542044 Inherited Properties Postcard Abilene 289 1 0.35 0 0 0 $110.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007606370 Absentee Owners Postcard 79603 Abilene 666 7 1.05 6 5 0 $264.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007667003 Absentee Owners Postcard 79605 Abilene 712 7 0.99 6 6 2 $281.60 $20,000.00
zcrm_2522307000007667009 Absentee Owners Postcard 79606 Abilene 272 4 1.47 4 3 1 $108.80 $20,000.00
zcrm_2522307000008167402 2019 Spring Inherited List Postcard 148 0 0 0 0 0 $74.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008453006 Absentee Owners Postcard 76301 Wichita Falls 553 10 1.81 9 6 0 $220.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572341 Absentee Owners Postcard 76302 Wichita Falls 229 4 1.75 3 3 0 $91.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572347 Absentee Owners Postcard 76305 Wichita Falls 74 1 1.35 1 0 0 $29.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572353 Absentee Owners Postcard 76306 Wichita Falls 416 1 0.24 1 0 0 $165.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008659189 Absentee Owners Postcard 76308 Wichita Falls 288 0 0 0 0 0 $115.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008659195 Absentee Owners Postcard 76309 Wichita Falls 396 1 0.25 0 0 0 $158.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008750043 Seller Follow Up Postcard All Markets 242 0 0 0 0 0 $95.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008753001 Absentee Owners Postcard 76310 Wichita Falls 228 0 0 0 0 0 $91.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008755001 Inherited Properties Postcard Wichita Falls 371 2 0.54 2 2 0 $148.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851640 Owner Occupied Postcard Wichita Falls 234 1 0.43 1 1 0 $93.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851663 Quit Claim Deed Postcard Wichita Falls 133 1 0.75 1 1 0 $53.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851669 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard Wichita Falls 227 2 0.88 1 1 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008987010 Absentee Owners Postcard 79601 Abilene 500 6 1.2 3 0 0 $200.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008987016 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard Wichita Falls 320 5 1.56 4 2 $126.00
zcrm_2522307000009067005 Absentee Owners Postcard 79602 Abilene 477 2 0.42 2 1 0 $189.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009067011 Inherited Properties Postcard Abilene 424 4 0.95 4 4 1 $159.20 $13,000.00
zcrm_2522307000009157038 Absentee Owners Postcard 79603 Abilene 654 6 0.92 3 1 0 $261.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009233227 Absentee Owners Postcard 79605 Abilene 701 1 0.14 1 1 0 $280.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009321088 Absentee Owners Postcard 79606 Abilene 266 2 0.75 2 1 0 $104.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009371003 2019 Summer Inherited Properties Postcard All Markets 143 7 4.9 7 4 0 $71.50 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800131 Absentee Owners Postcard 76302 Wichita Falls 224 3 1.34 2 1 0 $89.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800144 Absentee Owners Postcard 76305 Wichita Falls 73 2 2.78 2 2 0 $29.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800150 Absentee Owners Postcard 76306 Wichita Falls 404 8 1.98 5 5 1 $161.60 $9,000.00
zcrm_2522307000009803003 Absentee Owners Postcard 76301 Wichita Falls 365 6 1.64 5 5 0 $146.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009957021 Absentee Owners Postcard 76308 Wichita Falls 280 4 1.43 1 1 0 $112.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009957027 Absentee Owners Postcard 76309 Wichita Falls 393 11 2.8 10 9 0 $157.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109337 Inherited Properties Postcard Wichita Falls 388 8 2.08 7 5 0 $155.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109343 Absentee Owners Postcard 76310 Wichita Falls 223 2 0.9 1 1 0 $89.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109349 Seller Follow Up Postcard All Markets 263 8 3.05 8 3 0 $105.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236001 Owner Occupied Postcard Wichita Falls 212 1 0.47 1 1 0 $84.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236007 Quit Claim Deed Postcard Wichita Falls 102 1 0.98 1 1 0 $40.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236013 WF Tax Delinquents Postcard Wichita Falls 444 8 1.86 5 3 0 $177.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010279020 Absentee Owners Postcard 79601 Abilene 492 6 1.23 5 4 0 $196.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010279029 Absentee Owners Postcard 79602 Abilene 470 13 2.81 10 9 1 $188.00 $8,500.00
zcrm_2522307000010279035 Inherited Properties Postcard Abilene 404 6 1.59 5 5 1 $161.60 $19,400.00
zcrm_2522307000010560904 Absentee Owners Postcard 79603 Abilene 648 12 1.88 6 6 0 $259.20 $0.00
Cost Per Lead $40.43
Cost Per Deal $904.26

This is great. This is what people can use to see if it works or not vs. just saying "yes it works".

Thank for sharing that ,am, and for the praise!

This provides a LOT more actual concrete value! DATA rocks.

Your numbers look great btw!

@Jerryll Noorden your welcome. I actually did more deals In 2019 than these but these were my numbers strictly from direct mail. Tough to post excel sheet in the forums so hopefully everyone can make sense of it. I operate in smaller markets specifically because dm still works. So does finely SEO tuned website leads. For me DM is good as it allows me to somewhat control the amount of leads I get and can handle based around a full time job. My whole point in posting ( as I hardly ever post) is just to make the point that different marketing channels work in different markets and multiple marketing channels can also work in the same market. Just depends on your strategies and what works for you. Everyone should track everything to make sure your getting the best ROI. Happy investing

@Jerryll Noorden

I think newbies should be told that but that doesn’t mean you can’t start with DM being your lead gen source. I started by mailing 250 postcards every week. Yes it took me 4 months to get a deal but it works.

When are you gonna tell newbies how SEO is a long term strategy that can take up to a year to get up to the top 3 on google? Look all channels have their pros and cons but don’t say that doing DM is a horrible idea so you can then post 50 million post showing “your justification” for your strategy which you then sell to people.

Yes I will continue to do DM. It's brought me a 673% ROI in 2018 and a 750% ROI in 2019 and helped me generate over $1MM in assignments.

Now before you say I’m not one of the smart ones I also do google PPC, Facebook ads, Cold Calling and do SEO and I’m still not at number one on google here in Orlando for it. You have to have multiple channels if you truly wanna scale

@Jerryll Noorden

I’m extremely efficient with my money and constantly track my numbers so I know how well we are converting. That still doesn’t mean I should walk away from DM just because it takes more numbers to get a deal.

My average deal size from direct mail is $18,336 but it costs me only $5,278 per deal. So yeah I’ll spend $5K to make $18k. That’s almost a 400% return! So you telling me you’ll walk away from that cuz “it’s not efficient”? Haha

For anyone who's reading this who is interested in a few actual free ways to get deals... 

1) Make sure that everyone you know knows that you're looking for deals. I cannot count the # of times I've heard from someone in my circle that they forgot what we do. Or heard from a friend that they had the same thing happen. 

2) Set up saved searches on Craigslist with things like fixer, handyman, investor, tlc, diy, as-is, etc. This will cost you nothing and will have you chatting with motivated sellers in a day or two. 

3) Have a virtual assistant (or do it yourself) crawl all of the for rents on craigslist, FB marketplace, zillow, etc looking for the mom and pops. Send them a PM asking them if they'd consider selling instead. I bought an 80k duplex for 30k that pulls in $1,350 a month from this. 

4) Look in the newspaper classifieds. Oldschool retirees will post ads when they want to sell. 

5) Get a list of properties with code enforcement issues from your county and start friending people on Facebook.

6) Walk up to every garage sale you see and ask if they're selling. 

7) Network with the realtors in your area who are doing the most cash sales. Chances are they have pocket listings. 

If you're looking for consistent lead and deal flow it's not free. Neither are realtor commissions or wholesale fees. 

Originally posted by @Robert S. :

zcrm_2522307000006252390 Inherited Properties Postcard s 355 3 0.86 2 2 1 $138.80 $8,000.00
zcrm_2522307000006252408 Absentee Owners Postcard 226 1 0.45 0 0 0 $89.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335020 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard 235 1 0.43 1 0 0 $94.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335041 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 139 2 1.44 2 1 0 $55.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006335054 Owner Occupied Postcard 244 0 0 0 0 0 $97.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006440075 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard 338 3 0.89 3 3 0 $133.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006440096 Absentee Owners Postcard 507 4 0.79 4 1 0 $202.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006536016 Absentee Owners Postcard 478 7 1.47 6 4 0 $186.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006536040 Inherited Properties Postcard 315 3 1.02 2 2 0 $114.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666108 Absentee Owners Postcard 659 6 0.92 6 6 0 $258.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666135 Absentee Owners Postcard 701 4 0.58 3 1 0 $276.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006666165 Absentee Owners Postcard 258 2 0.8 2 2 0 $100.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006935047 Absentee Owners Postcard 553 8 1.46 7 4 0 $221.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000006935932 2019 Winter Inherited Properties Postcard 163 2 1.25 1 1 0 $58.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049051 Absentee Owners Postcard 229 1 0.44 1 0 0 $90.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049057 Absentee Owners Postcard 73 1 1.37 1 0 0 $29.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007049063 Absentee Owners Postcard 413 6 1.47 6 3 1 $162.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007136021 Absentee Owners Postcard 294 5 1.71 4 3 0 $114.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007136036 Absentee Owners Postcard 408 6 1.48 5 5 0 $161.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007217412 Absentee Owners Postcard 232 0 0 0 0 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007217424 Inherited Properties Postcard 344 2 0.59 2 2 0 $132.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007233995 Seller Follow Up Postcard 206 12 6.12 9 8 2 $76.80 $10,500.00
zcrm_2522307000007344222 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 136 1 0.74 1 0 0 $54.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007344241 Owner Occupied Postcard 243 2 0.82 1 1 0 $96.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007344249 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard 229 1 0.44 0 0 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007443315 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard 330 4 1.22 3 3 0 $129.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007443339 Absentee Owners Postcard 509 5 0.98 3 3 0 $202.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007542019 Absentee Owners Postcard 487 6 1.23 5 6 0 $192.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007542044 Inherited Properties Postcard 289 1 0.35 0 0 0 $110.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007606370 Absentee Owners Postcard 666 7 1.05 6 5 0 $264.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000007667003 Absentee Owners Postcard 712 7 0.99 6 6 2 $281.60 $20,000.00
zcrm_2522307000007667009 Absentee Owners Postcard 272 4 1.47 4 3 1 $108.80 $20,000.00
zcrm_2522307000008453006 Absentee Owners Postcard 553 10 1.81 9 6 0 $220.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572341 Absentee Owners Postcard 229 4 1.75 3 3 0 $91.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572347 Absentee Owners Postcard 74 1 1.35 1 0 0 $29.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008572353 Absentee Owners Postcard 416 1 0.24 1 0 0 $165.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008659189 Absentee Owners Postcard   288 0 0 0 0 0 $115.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008659195 Absentee Owners Postcard 396 1 0.25 0 0 0 $158.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008750043 Seller Follow Up Postcard 242 0 0 0 0 0 $95.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008753001 Absentee Owners Postcard 228 0 0 0 0 0 $91.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008755001 Inherited Properties Postcard 371 2 0.54 2 2 0 $148.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851640 Owner Occupied Postcard 234 1 0.43 1 1 0 $93.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851663 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 133 1 0.75 1 1 0 $53.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008851669 WF Tax Delinquents #1 Postcard 227 2 0.88 1 1 0 $90.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008987010 Absentee Owners Postcard 500 6 1.2 3 0 0 $200.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000008987016 WF Tax Delinquents #2 Postcard 320 5 1.56 4 2 $126.00
zcrm_2522307000009067005 Absentee Owners Postcard 477 2 0.42 2 1 0 $189.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009067011 Inherited Properties Postcard 424 4 0.95 4 4 1 $159.20 $13,000.00
zcrm_2522307000009157038 Absentee Owners Postcard 654 6 0.92 3 1 0 $261.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009233227 Absentee Owners Postcard 701 1 0.14 1 1 0 $280.40 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009321088 Absentee Owners Postcard 266 2 0.75 2 1 0 $104.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009371003 2019 Summer Inherited Properties Postcard 143 7 4.9 7 4 0 $71.50 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800131 Absentee Owners Postcard 224 3 1.34 2 1 0 $89.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800144 Absentee Owners Postcard 73 2 2.78 2 2 0 $29.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009800150 Absentee Owners Postcard 404 8 1.98 5 5 1 $161.60 $9,000.00
zcrm_2522307000009803003 Absentee Owners Postcard 365 6 1.64 5 5 0 $146.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009957021 Absentee Owners Postcard 280 4 1.43 1 1 0 $112.00 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000009957027 Absentee Owners Postcard 393 11 2.8 10 9 0 $157.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109337 Inherited Properties Postcard 388 8 2.08 7 5 0 $155.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109343 Absentee Owners Postcard 223 2 0.9 1 1 0 $89.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010109349 Seller Follow Up Postcard 263 8 3.05 8 3 0 $105.20 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236001 Owner Occupied Postcard 212 1 0.47 1 1 0 $84.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236007 Quit Claim Deed Postcard 102 1 0.98 1 1 0 $40.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010236013 WF Tax Delinquents Postcard 444 8 1.86 5 3 0 $177.60 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010279020 Absentee Owners Postcard 492 6 1.23 5 4 0 $196.80 $0.00
zcrm_2522307000010279029 Absentee Owners Postcard 470 13 2.81 10 9 1 $188.00 $8,500.00
zcrm_2522307000010279035 Inherited Properties Postcard 404 6 1.59 5 5 1 $161.60 $19,400.00
zcrm_2522307000010560904 Absentee Owners Postcard 648 12 1.88 6 6 0 $259.20 $0.00
Cost Per Lead $40.43
Cost Per Deal $904.26

Wow your number looks great!!!! My first DM campaign cost me 2300 per month for 6 months. I am in the first month. May if I add you for some questions regarding to DM?

Originally posted by @Sharad M. :

Hello all,

@Sharad M.: Nice numbers. Amid the noise and bluster I couldn't find how many mailers you sent to get 1880 leads. Do you mind mentioning that? And did you send envelopes or postcards?  I recognize that the list and the territory play a major role, but I am curious.

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

Hello all,

@Sharad M.: Nice numbers. Amid the noise and bluster I couldn't find how many mailers you sent to get 1880 leads. Do you mind mentioning that? And did you send envelopes or postcards?  I recognize that the list and the territory play a major role, but I am curious.

The numbers are over 1.5 years and now we are sending about 25,000 mailers every 2 months so on average 12,500 mailers a month and we expect to get 2 deals from that so on average about 6,000 mailers/deal at cost of $2,500-$3,000/deal. The numbers I posted are from last 18 months or so but with better tracking our ROI is getting better.

We alternate between PC and letters. Our cost for postcards is 36 cents and letters is 48 cents for a blended average cost of 42 cents/mail piece.

Interesting read. The only marketing I have ever responded to is a text message. Quick and easy. The voicemails are awkward and annoying. The mail offering to “Pay Cash!” is annoying too. I know you probably don’t even have the cash to buy it if you had to, so just be honest about your intentions. Obviously all of these methods work in certain situations.

Originally posted by @Ryan Dossey :

For anyone who's reading this who is interested in a few actual free ways to get deals... 

1) Make sure that everyone you know knows that you're looking for deals. I cannot count the # of times I've heard from someone in my circle that they forgot what we do. Or heard from a friend that they had the same thing happen. 

2) Set up saved searches on Craigslist with things like fixer, handyman, investor, tlc, diy, as-is, etc. This will cost you nothing and will have you chatting with motivated sellers in a day or two. 

3) Have a virtual assistant (or do it yourself) crawl all of the for rents on craigslist, FB marketplace, zillow, etc looking for the mom and pops. Send them a PM asking them if they'd consider selling instead. I bought an 80k duplex for 30k that pulls in $1,350 a month from this. 

4) Look in the newspaper classifieds. Oldschool retirees will post ads when they want to sell. 

5) Get a list of properties with code enforcement issues from your county and start friending people on Facebook.

6) Walk up to every garage sale you see and ask if they're selling. 

7) Network with the realtors in your area who are doing the most cash sales. Chances are they have pocket listings. 

If you're looking for consistent lead and deal flow it's not free. Neither are realtor commissions or wholesale fees. 

Thanks for posting this! I don't expect free leads, but I also don't have $1k+ a month to spend on them either. This post really opened my eyes. I knew it would cost money, but I didn't think it was in the thousands per month. It doesn't look like Carrot/SEO or DMM are going to be an option for us. 

@Jerryll Noorden

You make a valuable point sir. I am new here and I have heard many ppl saying DM but when I hear how much they spend and the open rate I was like hell to the no! I wanna keep that $$$ in my pocket 😆.

I am doing cold calling right now until I build up some capital to do other marketing like PPC and so on. What are some of the ways you use to market?