Looking for recommendations on property insurance in New York

Looking for recommendations on property insurance in New York

Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 11 votes

Hello BP,

I am getting ready to close on an investment property in Brooklyn (Bushwick) soon.  I am looking for recommendations on insurance companies offering great rates and service with reasonable premiums.  Also, let me know if you've had history and good experiences with the particular company.  Thank you.

0Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

National Insurance Broker · Chagrin Falls, OH · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 4 votes
9y

@Daniel C. - @Anthony Perna is probably your best option for this, based on what I've read - but if you want to compare what he can do versus other markets, I'd be happy to help as well.  Again, your best option is to check with Anthony first, as he's more local and probably has better markets for the area.  

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 263 posts · 141 votes
    9y

    I first used Allstate because they were cheap. They were not always responsive.  I switched to State Farm.  They dropped me when I had a sewage backup. I was forced to use NYS property insurance.  I can switch now but I like the service so I am keeping it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Chappaqua, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 947 votes
    9y
    Daniel C. I use Jim hockmeyer at State Farm in the Bronx. I don't know Jim well but here are three or four people in the office that are awesome. Pm me I'll give you the info.
  • Insurance Agent · Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Hi Daniel, I'm an independent insurance agent in the Greater NYC area. Our agency specializes in property insurance and represents about 40 insurance carriers who can write this type of coverage. Let me know if you'd like to touch base an discuss further what we can offer. - Anthony
  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 77 posts · 26 votes
    9y

    I used a broker who got my insurance for all of my properties in Brooklyn, I've ended up with a company called Travelers home insurance for most of my homes. Inbox me and I will pass on my brokers details. I've had good experience with them so far. Google them 

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    @Lelith Walker, @John Hickey

    Thank you all for the recommendations and feedback on the insurance companies. Much appreciated. I will definitely reach out. Thanks again.

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 11 votes
    9y

    BTW, @John Hickey I loved your "Long term BRRR in Bed Stuy Brooklyn" post. Really nice work, and very informative post!

  • National Insurance Broker · Chagrin Falls, OH · Member since 2016 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Daniel C. - @Anthony Perna is probably your best option for this, based on what I've read - but if you want to compare what he can do versus other markets, I'd be happy to help as well.  Again, your best option is to check with Anthony first, as he's more local and probably has better markets for the area.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.