BiggerPockets Podcast 012 : Wholesaling and Marketing with Sharon Vornholt
Wholesaling real estate is a popular topic on BiggerPockets and often one of the first strategies used by newbies to build cash reserves. However, wholesaling is a business that requires certain systems, strategies time, and sometimes even cash to prosper at. In today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we talk with expert wholesaler and marketing whiz Sharon Vornholt about some of those strategies and techniques that she uses to make an income as a full time wholesaler.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In Today’s Wholesaling Podcast, We Cover:
- An easy, cheap (free!) way to find more cash buyers than you can handle.
- The first step for wholesalers
- Sharon’s primary source of leads for motivated sellers
- The step-by-step process for making money as a wholesaler
- Double-closings vs. an assignment: Which is best?
- How Sharon closes deals with no money whatsoever
- Typical response rates from direct mail campaigns
- Why “pain” is a great thing to discover…
- Awesome strategies for negotiating with sellers
- The mistake Sharon made when starting out… and how you can avoid it.
- What the key to success really is.
Links From the Wholesaling Show:
- Wholesaling Articles on the BiggerPockets Blog:
- What Is A Double Closing? A Real Estate Wholesaling How To
- Exit Strategies For Wholesalers. What Is A Double Closing?
- How to Start Wholesaling: Getting Past The Education and Into the Field
- Don’t Start Wholesaling Until You Read This: Wholesale Advice from a Fix and Flipper
- 9 Reasons You Couldn’t Find A Buyer For Your Wholesale Deal
- BiggerPockets Podcast 11: Flipping Houses 101 with J Scott
- ListSource.com – (Motivated Sell Lists for Direct Mail Campaigns)
Books Mentioned in the Show
“Wholesaling is about relationships.” (Click to Tweet!)
“When negotiating, learn to adjust the other person’s expectations” (Click to Tweet!)
“Learning how to buy property for the right price is the difference between success and failure.” (Click to Tweet!)
“It’s all about marketing. You have to have leads in order to get deals.” (Click to Tweet!)
“Anyone who claims to know everything about anything is full of crap.” (Click to Tweet!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Thank you again to everyone who has subscribed in iTunes to help make us one of the top business podcasts in all of iTunes! We’re up to 166 5-Star Reviews so far with over 89,000 downloads! Every subscription in iTunes and every review helps us reach more people – so thank you!
Sharon Vornholt is a professional real estate wholesaler who began investing in real estate in the Louisville, KY area in 1998. While she has done both rehabbing and buy and hold investing, her primary area of focus now is wholesaling. Sharon is a regular contributor on the BiggerPockets blog and an avid blogger on her own site, LouisvilleGalsRealEstateBlog.com.
Do you have any questions or comments for Sharon or about the show? Leave your thoughts below!