BiggerPockets Podcast 018 : Flipping, Marketing, and Wholesaling with Danny Johnson
Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit down with fix and flipper Danny Johnson to talk about running a successful real estate investing business. Danny has been investing in real estate for the past decade and has hundreds of awesome, actionable tips that he shares with us in today's show. From real estate marketing through websites and direct mail to tips for wholesalers and ideas for getting started while working a full time job, Danny's knowledge is going to blow your mind. Whether you are an experienced house flipper, a wholesaler, or a new investor just getting ready to start investing, this show is going to give you a ton of ammunition to use in your business.
Read the Transcript
Listen to The Show on iTunes (Preferred Method!)
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show, We Cover:
- Why a mentor isn’t as important for your success as you might think.
- How to hustle while holding a full time job.
- How to use “driving for dollars” to get started.
- The CRAZY first deal that got Danny into real estate.
- Bandit signs… a great marketing plan OR a criminal activity?
- How Danny manages 8-13 flips at a time.
- The “Top Secret” method that Danny uses to find deals.
- Postcards vs. yellow letters : which is better?
- The best criteria for compiling a great direct mail list.
- Tips for creating a lead generating website and online advertising.
Books Mentioned in the Show
Links from the Show
Why Hiring a Mentor Might Not Be the Stupidest Thing You Could Do by Ben Leybovich
Driving for Dollars Bible: Finding Distressed Properties and Marketing by Chris Feltus
Driving for Dollars Bible 2: Tracking Down Owners & More Tips! by Chris Feltus
Danny’s “We Buy Houses website”
BP Podcast 016: Land Contracts, Creative Selling, and Finding Private Money with Clay Huber
Hard Money Lender Directory
Danny’s Blog Post: 9 Reasons Why You Couldn’t Sell Your Wholesale Deal
You can’t just sit behind a computer and expect to succeed. You gotta get out there and do stuff. (Tweet This!)
Always negotiate. (Tweet This!)
When it’s a “real deal” you’ll know it’s a good deal. You don’t have to make it a deal. (Tweet This!)
Focus on finding really great deals – you don’t need a whole lot of buyers (Tweet This!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free