Marketing Machines, Spec Houses, Flipping & Wholesaling | Podcast
While most investors think of real estate investing as buying an ugly property and making it look good, today we sit down with an investor who runs a highly successful investing business that focuses heavily on investing in new home building, along with wholesaling and flipping as well. Tucker Merrihew, the owner of TTM Development Co in Portland, Oregon, shares a ton of great advice on creating a sustainable and automatic lead funnel, as well as numerous tips on a variety of investing techniques.
In This Show, We Cover
- How a “failed personality test” led to real estate investing
- The early mistakes that caused major problems for Tucker
- Do condos make good investments?
- How to build a marketing machine
- Direct mail “shock marketing“
- Why knocking down houses might make you money
- Tucker’s online marketing strategy
- The financial benefits of spec building
- Tips for finding and working with great contractors
- Finding deals when the MLS is too competitive
Listen to The Show on iTunes (Preferred Method!)
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned In The Show:
“There’s motivation in weird places sometimes.” (Click to Tweet)
“When investing in real estate, you’ve got to have a website.” (Click to Tweet)
“To be successful in real estate investing, you gotta build momentum.” (Click to Tweet)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free