BiggerPockets Podcast 084: Getting Started with Creative Finance and Designing Your Ideal Lifestyle With Chad Carson
Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast we sit with Chad Carson, a full time real estate investor from Clemson, South Carolina. Chad brings expertise in a TON of areas including everything from fix-and-flips to creative finance, property management to buy-and-hold.
This show explores how to use real estate as a means to design the lifestyle you really want.
There are a ton of tips and tricks in this one, so dive in!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
In This Show We Cover…
- How to get started straight out of college
- The benefit of having a few key buyers vs. a buyers list
- The key is sincerity, hunger and enthusiasm
- Getting your real estate license as an investor
- How to prepare yourself for future-changing markets
- The key to networking with financial partners
- Direct mail tips and strategies
- Lifestyle design through real estate
- The importance of the “why” behind your business
- 50/50 partnerships
- Property managing your own portfolio
- Creative finance strategies
- Self-Directed IRA’s
- Using court records to look up potential tenants
- An awesome example of an elevator pitch
- The importance of protecting your lenders
- And a whole lot more!
Links Mentioned in The Show:
- The BiggerPockets Member Blogs
- See who is looking at YOUR profile
- BiggerPockets Pro Memberships
- Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
Books Mentioned in the Show:
- Building Wealth One House at a Time: Making it Big on Little Deals , by John Schaub
- The Warren Buffet Way, by Robert G. Hagstrom
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey
“Sometimes growing big brings a price you might not need to pay for the lifestyle you want…” (Tweet This!)
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
“The minute you break people’s trust is the moment you lose everything!” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Chad’s:
- Chad’s BiggerPocket Profile