Real estate entrepreneurs are busy people… but this doesn’t have to mean getting overwhelmed! In this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with world-famous productivity author David Allen to learn tips and tricks for getting more things done in your life. You’ll learn how to accomplish more things, in less time, with less stress using the Getting Things Done (GTD) system. This show will inspire and encourage you to do even more in your business.
Whether you’re just starting out as an entrepreneur, or you just want to run your business more effectively and seamlessly, you’ll definitely get something valuable out of this episode!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- David Allen’s backstory
- The two elements of self management you should know
- What hats you should learn to wear
- Areas in life you need to make sure you’re keeping an eye on
- How to keep yourself oriented in the right direction
- What exactly an “external brain” is and how to build it
- What you need to know about Getting Things Done
- Important notes on research and development
- The 5 steps of the GTD system
- The big question: What is the next actionable step?
- The ins and outs of the 2-minute rule
- The importance of making a mess
- And SO much more!
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (revised edition) by David Allen
- The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levitin
- BrainChains by Dr Theo Compernolle
- “You need to make sure you have the map, but you’ve got to have a good map with all the right data on it.” (Tweet This!)
- “It’s terrible to go play soccer without a goal.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you can take the action step in two minutes or less, do it right then.” (Tweet This!)
- “You’re going to learn more doing it than reading a book.” (Tweet This!)
- “The core key in getting in control and focused is the weekly review.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you don’t spend any time on reviewing, you will just go fumble around and be driven by the latest and loudest.” (Tweet This!)
- “You’re most creative when you have a space to make a mess.” (Tweet This!)
- “Your head is for having ideas, not for holding them.” (Tweet This!)