BiggerPockets Podcast 123: Overcoming an Ugly Past to Become a Cash Flow King with Justin Escajeda
Today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast is different than any other we’ve done, and probably not one to listen to with the kids in the car. Today we’re talking with Justin Escajeda, who overcame a life of crime, drugs, and homelessness to create an impressive real estate business, despite his ugly past. You’ll learn about the process Justin went through to build his empire and discover some unique ideas to help you create additional passive income in your life. Prepare to be shocked, encouraged, and motivated after listening to today’s show.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Justin got started in real estate investing
- The hard past he had to overcome
- His first screening experience with his duplex
- How he landed his first deal, a duplex in a low income neighborhood
- How he found his real estate partnership
- A discussion on seller financing
- The ins and outs of self storage
- Some of the downsides of self storage
- One tip for a storage unit operator
- Justin’s opinion on mobile homes
- His plans for the future
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Meet
- The Super
- Mobile Home Investing and Getting Started With John Fedro
- Storage Wars
- BiggerPockets Forums
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “The more people you network with, the greater your chance to succeed as a real estate investor.” (Tweet This!)
- “I try to negotiate with park owners because what’s in their benefit is my benefit too.” (Tweet This!)
- “It’s very difficult to do things the correct way, by the book.” (Tweet This!)