In today’s busy real estate world, great deals can be hard for investors to find. That is why today we are excited to bring you a special episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, recorded live at the TradeKing stage at FinCon 2015. In this interview with Chad Carson, you’ll learn his top seven favorite strategies for finding great deals even if your market is overheated! If you need to buy a great deal this year, the show is for you!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- What exactly FinCon is
- How long Chad Carson has been investing
- How to find amazing deals
- The importance of knowing what’s important for your niche
- 7 tips for unearthing great investments
- What to look for when driving for dollars
- What you should know about “vacant radar“
- Why you should connect with experienced investors
- How to use Craigslist to find deals
- Tips for making successful phone calls
- How many units Chad currently has
- How to stay smart while using the MLS
- What exactly “referral prospecting” is
- The importance of keeping a good reputation
- How to use direct mail to find deals
- Why one might choose to let go of a property
- What you should know about guerrilla marketing
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BP Podcast 084: Getting Started with Creative Finance and Designing Your Ideal Lifestyle With Chad Carson
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Brandon’s rental property that was on fire
- BiggerPockets Forum Categories (including local sub forums)
- Hustle: The Single Most Important Factor to Finding Real Estate Deals (blog post)
- BiggerPockets Blog
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Warren Buffett Way by Robert G. Hagstrom
- What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School by Mark H. McCormack
- The Book on Investing with No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- “Real estate is like being an athlete—every single day you train and lift in order to perform well.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Chad
FinCon Live Podcasting
Note By BiggerPockets: These are opinions written by the author and do not necessarily represent the opinions of BiggerPockets.