BiggerPockets Podcast 142: 22 ½ ACTIONABLE Tips for Beginner Real Estate Investors With Josh and Brandon!
WARNING: We’re sorry, but there is no way you’ll be able to listen to today’s show without taking MASSIVE ACTION immediately after! Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, Josh and Brandon bring you 22 (and a half) of their all-time favorite ACTIONABLE tips for building your real estate empire, especially if you’re just getting started. This show will leave you with a serious list of direct, actionable next steps that you can start implementing in your real estate today. Get ready because this show is going to change how you do real estate. You’ve been warned!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- The actionable tips to help you take off as a real estate entrepreneur
- Tips for posting on Craigslist
- Why you should analyze 3 deals every single day
- What to look for in a local real estate agent
- A great way to connect with local real estate investors
- Why house-hacking a great strategy for newbies
- The real estate books that matter
- The importance of knowing your credit
- The two phrases to eliminate from your vocabulary
- The importance of giving your agent your criteria
- Why you should consider using yellow letters
- The strategy of walking for dollars
- How to formulate a roadmap for success
- Why flip shows video are great
- How to continue your education in financial literacy
- What podcasts to listen to
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Marketplace
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Calculators
- BiggerPockets Meet
- The Best Real Estate Books Ever
- BiggerPockets Keyword Alerts
- BP Podcast 141: 7 Ways to Find Incredible Real Estate Deals with Chad Carson
- BiggerPockets Perks
- This Old House TV
- BiggerPockets #AskBP Podcasts
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- The Book on Investing with No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow… And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli
- “Never buy a property when you only analyzed it just in your head.” (Tweet This!)
- “You’re the average of the 5 people you associate the most.” (Tweet This!)
- “Everybody has unfair advantages.” (Tweet This!)