BiggerPockets Podcast 154: Finding Incredible Deals to Flip or Rent from 3,000 Miles Away with Bob Couture
Finding deals in your own backyard can be tough — but today we’re talking to a guest who finds incredible deals from across the country! Bob Couture joins us today to tell us his inspiring story of starting out with several “failed” flips, finding a partner, using crowdfunding, and much more. This show is jam packed with actionable tips and tricks for real estate investing, whether the deals are in your backyard or across the world!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Where Bob is from and where he currently invests
- Why Bob’s strategy is investing at a distance
- The importance of a “boots on the ground” partnership
- How he got started investing in real estate
- The details of his first deal
- How he became an accidental landlord
- How to put properties under a blanket loan
- How a bad deal can end up a great flip!
- The number of flips he has done
- Things to know when investing with a partner
- How to set up a direct mail business
- Who he is targeting in his marketing campaigns
- Why you might hire people to do driving for dollars
- His take on getting a real estate license
- How to find people you can trust
- Tips for overcoming the fear of starting out
- How he inspects properties
- Tips for making deals over the phone
- How he finances deals
- A discussion on crowdfunding
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- Secrets of Closing the Sale by Zig Ziglar
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod