BiggerPockets Podcast 158: An Easy-to-Follow Blueprint for Building Your Real Estate Deal Pipeline with Jeff DeCarlo
Great real estate deals can be hard to find in a competitive market. So how do some investors manage to find multiple deals every month? That’s the focus of today’s show, where we sit down with active real estate entrepreneur Jeff DeCarlo as he shares his step-by-step blueprint for getting hundreds of leads from motivated sellers! You’ll love the “extra mile” Jeff goes to ensure his real estate pipeline never dries up!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive's team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we've got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor MileIQ.
MileIQ is an automatic mileage tracker that tracks the miles you drive for business. By using smart drive-detection technology, MileIQ automatically logs your drives and calculates their value – automatically creating a mileage log that’s compliant with IRS guidelines.
Try it for free today by texting POCKETS to 31996.
In This Episode We Cover:
- What Jeff did before he started investing
- How he was laid off during the crash
- The first wholesale deal he completed
- How he learned things that courses don’t teach
- The details of Jeff’s first deal
- What transactional funding is
- What investors should know about wholesaling
- Two different ways to close deals when wholesaling
- The costs involved in wholesaling deals
- Great tips for getting a mentor
- The main focus of Jeff’s business today
- How to wholesale 4 deals per month
- What to do when problems arise
- How to stay in control of your deal
- The strategies he uses to invest
- What you should know about direct mail marketing
- What to do with bad addresses
- How Jeff puts together his mailing list
- How to get deals despite being the “smaller guy”
- The difference between those who persist and those who don’t
- Tips for estimating repairs
- A discussion on partnering with other wholesalers
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff
- The Book on Flipping Houses by J. Scott
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- “If you never get to your first deal, you will never figure stuff out.” (Tweet This!)
- “The experience is worth more than even getting that big first cheque.” (Tweet This!)