Hustle & Persistence To Build Wealth Through Real Estate | BiggerPockets Podcast 169: Using Hustle and Persistence to Build Wealth Through Real Estate with David Greene
What does it take to truly find success in real estate — especially when you make an average salary and live in an expensive city? That’s the topic of today’s show, where we sit down with David Greene, a full-time police officer in the San Francisco market who’s managed to buy multiple deals in the past several years through mass hustle and persistent deal-finding. You’ll learn how David finds deals, invests both in-and-out-of-state, and finances those deals on a cop’s salary! This show is sure to motivate and educate you to do more deals this year!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: B2R Finance
A new commercial lender offering loans specifically for rental investors. B2R Finance could help you unlock equity from existing properties so you can get cash out now.
Learn more by visiting: B2RFinance.com
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: IgniteFunding. Ignite Funding offers crowdfunding real estate backed by collateral – you are the bank, earning monthly income for the use of your investment dollars.
Learn more by calling 702 736 5501!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who David Greene is and how he bought a $565k house for $195k
- The challenges of renting out a house
- His tips for first time landlords
- Thoughts on credit checks
- How to use property managers as advisors
- Steps for buying property from afar
- The second hurdle he met while investing
- What you want in a real estate agent
- How he got financing despite his profession
- Looking at investing like the Golden Real Estate Warriors to save money
- The importance of working hard to reach your goals
- A discussion on investing in notes — the downsides and upsides
- David’s game plan
- Why consistency is key to reaching success
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Keyword Alerts
- Tenant Screening: The Ultimate Guide
- How To Rent Your House: The Definitive Step by Step Guide
- How to Invest in Real Estate with Just 5 Spare Hours Per Week
- Be Like Elon (image)
- BackstreetBoys Documentary on MTV
- Jeff Brown’s BiggerPockets Profile
- Compound Interest Spreadsheet
- BiggerPockets Instagram Post (Quote)
- BP Podcast 034: Virtual Real Estate Investing and How to Find Great Deals in a Hot Market with Anson Young
- Andrew Cushman’s BiggerPockets Profile
- BiggerPockets Webinar
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “You can do everything wrong in real estate at the beginning. If you hold on long enough, it’s going to work out.” (Tweet This!)
- “You have to embrace that it’s hard and be glad that it is.” (Tweet This!)