BiggerPockets Podcast 179: Doing the “Impossible” by Buying 100+ Units in His First Two Years with Dale Hensel
What stops most people from achieving massive success through real estate? Money? Cheap properties? Knowledge? According to our guest today, it’s fear. That’s why we’re excited to introduce you to Dale Hensel, an investor who’s done everything from single family to multifamily to notes and a LOT more. You’ll be amazed at the simple way Dale used his “ignorance” that something should be hard to build several large, successful businesses — including one real estate company he took public!
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: PATLive. PATLive's team of superstar receptionists will always leave your customers delighted. Every agent goes through a rigorous training course before they can answer calls, and we've got quality assurance down to an art.
Learn more by visiting PATLive.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor MACK.
MACK Investments is the nation's longest tenured turnkey operator with over 38 years of combined experience, with its fully vertically integrated operation in the US's most diverse economy, Chicagoland. With over 2000+ homes under management, we serve over 300+ investors across 11 different countries. Homes are priced below 200 thousand and will generate a guaranteed CAP averaging 9% that can be leveraged to achieve returns in excess of 20%.
Learn more by visiting MACKinvestments.com.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Dale’s very first house that he bought in 1996
- How hitchhiking led him to figuring what he wanted
- How he achieved 250 apartments in two and a half years!
- The need for being confrontational in this business
- The cool story of how he got started as a landlord
- How he added multiple properties just because he has no money
- What exactly a “wrap” is
- The 3 important pieces of paper in a real estate transaction
- The benefits of not knowing what’s “impossible“
- The difference between performing and non performing notes
- A discussion about his public company
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferris
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- “I didn’t know that it was supposed to be hard or impossible, so I bought 250 apartments.” (Tweet This!)
- “I don’t have a filter that says ‘Well, they did it, I can’t.” I have filter that says, ‘If they did it, so can I.'” (Tweet This!)
- “Take measured, gentle risk until you can push yourself a little further, and realize that you can go a lot further than you ever thought!” (Tweet This!)