BiggerPockets Podcast 184: From Real Estate Agent to 800+ Deals with Bill Lublin
In today’s humorous episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, you’ll meet Bill Lublin, a real estate expert who has invested in over 800 deals while also building the largest real estate agency in his state! You’ll learn how Bill got his start in real estate sales, why he was a terrible agent, and the one thing that changed everything. You’ll also hear how Bill has been able to do over 800 investment deals (from single family homes to multifamily to motels to development and more), his management philosophy, and why he thinks investors probably should NOT get their real estate license.
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Lima One Capital is the nation’s premier lender for residential real estate investors. They make it easy to finance all of your rental properties and fix-and-flip projects.
Learn more by visiting LimaOneCapital.com/BP
In This Episode We Cover:
- Who Bill is
- How Bill got into real estate by accident
- Why work ethic is important
- Tips for employing hundreds of agents
- Why some agents don’t buy their own properties
- What you should know about a wraparound mortgage
- How he learned to do creative financing
- How many deals he has done so far (hint: 800 to 1,000)
- His favorite type of deal
- How to time your investing (despite the recession)
- The 4 big things that will give you value-add on a property
- Sage advice for investing for the long haul
- How his business and partnership works
- What the “elephant approach” is
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Book on No or Low Money Down by Brandon Turner
- List More, Sell More by Jerry Bresser
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- “You make a living by selling real estate.” (Tweet This!)
- “Anybody who has a periodic payment is paying somebody else’s mortgage.” (Tweet This!)
- “I haven’t met anybody who owned a property for 10 years who didn’t make money on it.” (Tweet This!)
- “You make a profit in the property when you buy it, not when you sell it.” (Tweet This!)
- “You don’t recognize a loss until you sell something.” (Tweet This!)
- “The hard part is not doing deals, but finding deals.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Bill