Is small thinking holding you back? Not after this episode! Today on the BiggerPockets Podcast, Josh and Brandon talk with Kevin Carroll, a real estate investor who decided 18 months ago that he wanted to start flipping houses… and has done 83 flips in the past year and a half! Perhaps most impressively, Kevin did most of these flips out of state utilizing strategic partnerships — a strategy that just might change the way you think about real estate forever. Sit back and prepare to have your mindset expanded and let “big thinking” take over.
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Fire Round Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Kevin went from a straw-built house to flipping 1,000 houses
- What a bank-owned product is
- How he built a system that works
- What you should know about probates
- How to think like an investor instead of an agent
- Things that could screw up a deal
- The two components that make a deal successful
- Why you should consider holding costs
- Buying properties offsite
- Insight on quality control and scaling the business
- How to stay ahead of the flip
- Why he partners with real estate agents
- Why his partners need him
- His favorite deals and why
- The bad deals he’s encountered
- Thinking big when it comes to setting targets
- Who your friends are so important
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Real Book of Real Estate by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent by Gary Keller
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
- MONEY Master the Game by Tony Robbins
- A Journey to Financial Independence by Kevin Carroll
- “Everything is based on relationships.” (Tweet This!)
- “I’d rather spend $2,000 more and get the flip done a week sooner.” (Tweet This!)
- “One of the important things you can do for a contractor is to pay them immediately.” (Tweet This!)
- “Who you hang out with will dictate your level of income, your level of success.” (Tweet This!)