BiggerPockets Podcast 216: Buying 150 Houses and Experiencing a Financial Meltdown with Damion Lupo
On today’s episode of The BiggerPockets Podcast, we’re pumped to introduce you to Damion Lupo, an experienced real estate investor and hard money lender who has seen it all in real estate—both the good and bad! You’ll learn how it was Damion’s naiveté that led to his early success (and why naiveté matters), as well as the traits that helped Damion build up an incredibly successful cash-flowing business. And don’t miss Damion’s story of the murdered security guard or his golden answers to the question, “How do you get a lender to say yes?”
Want more articles like this?
Create an account today to get BiggerPocket's best blog articles delivered to your inboxSign up for free
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
Fire Round Sponsor
A huge thanks as well to our Fire Round sponsor FreshBooks.
FreshBooks customers spend less time on paperwork, freeing up 2 days per month to focus on the work they love. What would you do with that extra time?
Learn more by visiting FreshBooks.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Damion’s first deal that he financed with his Visa card
- How you can be naive and still make it
- A discussion on whether it’s harder to find deals nowadays
- What you should know about driving for dollars
- The deals he has done so far
- The murdered guard story
- Why he wants to be the bank
- What exactly a lease option is
- How he structures his partnership
- A discussion on whether people should get an LLC or not
- Damion’s view on cash flow
- What he did to get through the downturn in 2008
- Advice for those who want to be hard money lenders
- Tips for convincing a hard money lender
- What’s next for Damion
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- Visit Path to Purchase on your Biggerpockets Dashboard
- BiggerPockets Events
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Pet Food
- The Profit with Marcus Lemonis
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Abundance by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Mastery by George Leonard
- “With real estate, there was this unlimited potential that is really only limited by me and my thinking.” (Tweet This!)
- “You can create massive financial wealth with real estate with an 8th grade education. Really, it’s up to you.” (Tweet This!)
- “People don’t realize the laws of selling. You don’t close deals on your first time.” (Tweet This!)
- “The way you do anything is the way you do everything.” (Tweet This!)
- “The worst teacher is success.” (Tweet This!)
Connect with Damion