Every day, our lives are consumed by things that simply don’t amount to much. In fact, most of your successes will come from a very small percentage of your activities. That’s the basic concept of the 80/20 rule, and today’s guest is one of the world’s foremost experts on using the 80/20 rule in business! Today’s guest is Perry Marshall, author of 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More, and on today’s fascinating show, Perry dives into how to use this principle to work less and achieve more. And don’t miss the fascinating discussion on how to make $10,000 an hour; if you’ve never heard this concept before, it’s about to blow your mind (and business) into the stratosphere!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
Famous Four Sponsor
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
In This Episode We Cover:
- Perry’s background and how he got into marketing
- How he stumbled upon the 80/20 principle
- Why it’s alright to let go of tenants causing you issues
- The 80/20 inside the 80/20
- How this affects investors with rental properties
- What we can learn from the “principle of the 2700 espresso machine“
- The most important thing in direct mail marketing
- The 5 qualifiers you should know when selling
- What to consider about the concept of retargeting
- How to handle a bad response rate
- A tip to help you make $10,000 an hour
- Why you should say no to a lot more things
- How to differentiate the $10 an hour job from the $10,000 an hour job
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing by Perry Marshall
- Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords by Perry Marshall
- Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising by Perry Marshall
- The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch
- The Star Principle by Richard Koch
- The Book of Proverbs
- “80/20 is everywhere.” (Tweet This!)
- “We can fix so many problems by doing so little.” (Tweet This!)
- “Half of what you are doing right now you shouldn’t be doing.” (Tweet This!)