Why is it some investors buy deals every single month, when others look for years without landing a single great real estate deal? Two words: deal flow. On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, we sit down with Erik Stark to talk about how he consistently drives leads to his real estate business using “driving for dollars,” direct mail marketing, and a fascinating “education marketing” strategy that you’ll be excited to try for yourself!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Check out SimpliSafe Security’s DIY home security systems; an affordable, wireless, cellular, and customizable system that doesn’t require a contract!
Try it today with a discount: simplisafepockets.com
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Erik’s background
- What exactly deal flow is
- The importance of focusing on the strategy
- The first step in driving for dollars
- How to identify a distressed vacant house
- How he tracks his mailers
- What systems he has in place, including outsourcing
- Tips for finding out if there’s existing mortgage on a property
- The Smart Sell Book he authored
- What R3 zoning is
- What’s changed in the past two years since he was interviewed
- His plan for the next years
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BP Podcast 093: 0 to 400 Deals (in 5 Years!) via Smart Marketing with Erik Stark
- Mike Cantu
- Brandon’s Instagram – Beardy Brandon!
Books Mentioned in this Show
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Peebles Path to Real Estate Wealth by R. Donahue Peebles
- The Success System That Never Fails by W. Clement Stone
- Smart Sell Book by Erik Stark (Contact Erik directly)
- “You need to stop chasing opportunity and start working a strategy.” (Tweet This!)
- “I don’t want to spend my life trying to tell people why I’m better than everybody else.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you are looking at properties and not writing offers, it’s like going to the gym and not working out.” (Tweet This!)
- “Cash is everywhere now. There’s no shortage of cash; there’s a shortage of real opportunity.” (Tweet This!)