Many people buy real estate hoping to make great cash flow. But all too often that cash flow is quickly eaten away by a silent but deadly thief. In this episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast, Josh and Brandon sit down with real estate investor Jesse Fragale to hear his story and learn more about how this silent killer can eat away your profits if you don’t analyze a deal right. You’ll also learn how Jesse found a way to invest in a crazy expensive market, as well as tips on using partners, scaling to larger properties, and the worst pickup line Jesse has ever used!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: Patch of Land. Patch of Land is a Peer-to-Real-Estate (“P2RE”) lending marketplace that matches accredited and institutional investors seeking high-yield, short-term, asset-collateralized investments to borrowers seeking more timely and consistent sources of funding for rehabbing properties across America.
Learn more by visiting Patch of Land!
Fire Round Sponsor
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Jason got into real estate because of a car
- Why he chose the niche of student rentals
- 4 ways to earn in real estate
- Tips for managing student rentals
- The worst day of Jason’s life (aka why CapEx is important)
- How much you should prepare for capital expenditures
- The pros and cons of student rentals
- Thoughts on jumping into multifamily
- What you should know about the 50% rule
- Tips for finding the cap rate in an area
- How to fund a deals using a partnership
- A discussion on setting expectations with property managers
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BP Podcast 182: 674 Multifamily Units in Three Years with Jake & Gino
- Wheel Barrow Profits Podcast
- BiggerPockets Analysis
Books Mentioned in this Show
- The Wealthy Renter by Alex Avery
- Landlording on Auto-Pilot by Mike Butler
- Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher
- The Book on Investing with No Money Down by Brandon Turner
- “The bigger the deal, the easier it is to do.” (Tweet This!)
- “If you bring people a good deal, I believe that they will take it for what it’s worth.” (Tweet This!)
- “I think there’s success in every facet of real estate.” (Tweet This!)