Everything you need to make top dollar on your next flip
- Are you inspired to leave your 9-to-5 job and start flipping houses?
- How much does it really cost to renovate your investment property?
These step by step handbooks will help you walk away with a profit.
This no-fluff book contains a detailed flipping blueprint perfect for both the complete newbie or seasoned real estate pro looking to build a profitable house flipping business. Learn everything you need to build a profitable, efficient house flipping business in a practical and easy-to-follow approach—all in one single book!
- Implement the 7 most common and creative financing strategies
- Evaluate the profitability of deals quickly and accurately
- Determine the types of properties you should invest in
- Perform due diligence to ensure your deal is a winner
- Identify the best locations to build your flipping business
- Create a scope of work, budget, and schedule that generates profit
- Find and hire the best contractors to manage your rehab to completion
- Sell the renovated property quickly and at the highest possible price
- ... And so much more!
Fix-and-flipper J Scott reveals the tried-and-tested steps of his professional framework and methodology for precisely evaluating renovation costs, as evidenced by hundreds of his own successful rehab projects. Determine how to accurately estimate all the costs you are likely to face during renovation—and get all of your rehab questions answered in a single place!
- Inspect every aspect of a property to create your renovation scope
- Decide which upgrade options provide the biggest bang for your buck
- Identify the 150+ most common renovations you'll likely encounter
- See big problems (like mold and termites!) and quickly fix them
- Assign accurate prices to every rehab task to build a detailed budget
- Determine which contractors are best for certain repairs or projects
- Break down the top 25 basic components of a renovation
- ... And so much more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which version should I buy?
To provide the most value but still make sure everyone can afford to read these books, BiggerPockets has released several price packages:
- Ebook and Audio Versions: If you don't want a physical copy of either book to keep on your shelf and take notes in, but only plan to read the book on your iPad, Kindle, or another e-reader, choose the ebook version. Or, choose the audiobook version and listen away!
- Physical Bundle: If you want a physical copy of either book to read on real paper that you can take notes in and put on your shelf forever, then choose the physical version. As an added bonus, you won't have to pay for shipping!
- Ultimate Bundle: Get the best of both worlds. Get the digital content today, delivered straight to your email inbox, including all digital bonus content. PLUS, get a physical hardcover copy of the book shipped straight to your doorstep. Please allow 7-10 days for shipping of the physical book... we're running as fast as we can.
Should I buy both books?
Well… You should, but you don’t have to. Both books are an incredible resource for your fix-and-flip endeavors. The Book on Flipping Houses provides a step-by-step overview of J Scott’s tried and true process for building a profitable house flipping business. The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs is a guide for every cost you are likely to face during renovation. They sound like the perfect pair because they are the perfect pair! However, you will still receive the bonus content if you purchase only one of the two books from our site—so no pressure.
Do you sell in bulk orders?
Yes! We provide discounts for bulk orders and for certain educational purposes. Please email [email protected] with your request.
Who are these books written for?
These books are for anyone interested in flipping houses. Don't even know what real estate investing is? This book is a great place to start. Already have a few home renovations under your belt? This book will help you learn how to take your work to the next level. All you need is dedication to your future and a little bit of elbow grease.
What is the meaning of life?
This question is quite common, so let's address it. While we can't tell you the exact meaning of life, we can tell you a few things we are confident are NOT the meaning of life. Slaving away at a 9-to-5 job for forty years—just to retire on what's left of our social security system—is not the meaning of life. Lacking financial resources to support your favorite charity is not the meaning of life. Missing your kids' soccer games because you were too busy working is not the meaning of life. So why do so many people spend their lives at work? Free yourself. Refuse to be part of a culture that values work over relationships. Find ways to create passive income through real estate so you can build your own dreams rather than spend the next decade building someone else's. Travel. Take risks. Read. Love. And then give back.
Oh, and pick up a copy of this page. It'll help.