Business Credit Card Recommendations?

9 Replies

Hey there BP fam!

I am wondering if anybody on here has any recommendations for a business credit card? We have a newer LLC and I have been using my personal credit card for business expenses and then paying through my LLC when the bill is due. Unfortunately that's been driving up my personal credit usage and affecting my credit score. So I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a credit card for a newer LLC?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Luke, I started using a system provided by travelfreely.net that is completely free. They have a short training program that teaches you how to use credit cards to earn points or miles, then they have a system that recommends which card is best for your goals and helps you track them.

I am not an expert, by any means. However, I know enough in the last two years that I paid for a trip to the BP conference in 2019, two trips to Texas for my wife and I, a trip to Mexico for my wife and I, flew my mom to visit me last week, and my family of five is flying to Hawaii in July. All 100% paid for with card miles!

This year, I'm being deliberate because I have two LLCs. I am opening one card in my name (100,000 points), then the same card in my wife's name, then one under LLC #1 for me, the one under LLC #1 for my wife, and so on. My business spends enough on cards that we can spend the mandatory amount and earn the max points in 1-2 months. Then we open the next card and do it again. By continuing this process, we can easily earn 500,000 miles a year or more. If we really buckled down and focused, we could earn much more but it does get to be a lot to track.

There's more to it. I highly recommend you join that site or something similar and start earning the free points!

@Luke J Nelsen I’m a fan of the Chase Ink Preferred card, they have a great signup bonus right now.

If you have multiple chase cards you can combine the ultimate reward points to one account. This is helpful for maximizing the points value when you redeem.

Amex has some good no fee cards that still earn cash back and have a smaller sign up bonus. The Business Blue Cash card is one.

I know that Chase and Amex do not report on the personal credit report.

Discover and Capital One will report on the personal and business credit, so for utilization purposes that wouldn’t help you.

@Luke J Nelsen

I would start with thinking about what you want the points for. Do you prefer cash back? Miles? Gift cards? If you know that answer, you can search with a card that provides good signup bonuses for the categories that you use.

I personally have my eye on the Sapphire Preferred card.

Thanks guys. After looking at my options, I am leaning towards the Cash Ink Business Cash card for our business. 

Hi @Luke J Nelsen

I have not gotten a business credit card yet.  but I like Chase cards.  I think that there is a limit to how many you can get in a certain amount of time to get the signup bonus.

Thanks @Nathan G. for the website suggestion.

I like AskSebbie (sp?) he has a youtube channel

Originally posted by @Luke J Nelsen :

Hey there BP fam!

I am wondering if anybody on here has any recommendations for a business credit card? We have a newer LLC and I have been using my personal credit card for business expenses and then paying through my LLC when the bill is due. Unfortunately that's been driving up my personal credit usage and affecting my credit score. So I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a credit card for a newer LLC?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

I'd just use the bank you used to open up your LLC bank account.

I use Chase Business Cash, 0% APR for 12 months when you sign up and cash back if you spend x amount in the first 3 months. I like the 0% APR when I am doing projects without the ability to pay them off right away.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you