Real Estate Coach Request Leads

11 Replies

Hi,

I have been doing okay with my real estate coach. However, one of the tasks that he gave me was to write down a list of cash investors that I have rounded up over the course of the weeks and send them to him for quality. I didn't know how to react to that. I thought that I would be just sending him my list. Why would I send someone my investor lists? Do you think that this sounds like a trustworthy thing to do? Some of the people on my list are my friends. I don't particularly believe he needs to see my list to direct me where I should go do you think?

Do you have any other investors that have hired this coach?

I coach people one-on-one and I would never ever take my students Cash Buyers' List

Hi Karlyn,

Have you checked his professional references? I know you probably don't want to "name names", but I'm very curious to know who he is. I only ask because I've had a few REI coaches and mentors over the course of my career; and I've been very fortunate for the most part. However, I did have "that one" who charged me $500, then didn't follow-thru on his contract. He was responsive until the last day "after" I completed all my "homework" if you will). I checked him out, but didn't ask for references 1st, and his coaching was ok. I got few good pointers from him, that I didn't know...but as I said, when it came down to him "walking me thru a deal" as he promised to do, he then stopped answering his phone. I have checked out everything and everyone since then.

Yes, I thought this was strange as well and I did not send them because I am already skeptical and I should have done my research. It may be just harmless but I am not sending him my list.

@Karlyn Brasselmon Tell him to send you his list and you'll send yours... see how he reacts to that one!  

Sounds like a scoundrel to me.

Originally posted by @Cynthia Calhoun :

Hi Karlyn,

Have you checked his professional references? I know you probably don't want to "name names", but I'm very curious to know who he is. I only ask because I've had a few REI coaches and mentors over the course of my career; and I've been very fortunate for the most part. However, I did have "that one" who charged me $500, then didn't follow-thru on his contract. He was responsive until the last day "after" I completed all my "homework" if you will). I checked him out, but didn't ask for references 1st, and his coaching was ok. I got few good pointers from him, that I didn't know...but as I said, when it came down to him "walking me thru a deal" as he promised to do, he then stopped answering his phone. I have checked out everything and everyone since then.

I should have done my research. His name is Peter Vekselman. I hadn't heard anything bad about him but then again I did not do a full research on him. He gives me pointers but I don't think that he contacts me enough.

@Karlyn Brasselmon  

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peter-Vekselman/Cumming-Georgia-30041/Peter-Vekselman-CoachingbyPetercom-More-overselling-by-a-real-estate-guru-Cumming-Geor-436038

Originally posted by @Michael Olesky :

@Karlyn Brasselmon  

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Peter-Vekselman/Cumming-Georgia-30041/Peter-Vekselman-CoachingbyPetercom-More-overselling-by-a-real-estate-guru-Cumming-Geor-436038

Thank you! I am not giving him another penny!

@Karlyn Brasselmon . So sorry that this happened to you! But I'm glad that you figured it out before it was too late. Good for you for recognizing that it was strange for him to want your contacts. Don't give up on real estate because of this. It can work, and you are capable! You just need to put some more time in to hone your instincts. 

@Karlyn,

It is unfortunate that one person can have an imperfect experience with something or someone; write about it online (i.e. ripoffreport.com), and it becomes gospel. I can google anyone or anything, and I will find some positive and some negative. Most people absolutely love McCormick and Schmidt. I've had 3 bad experiences, both with their service and the food. I've decided I am never eating there again. Does that mean the restaurant is all bad, no...absolutely not! I just had a bad experience (or three). I say this, because Peter Vekselman was also one of my coaches, and "is now my mentor". He is the only one-on-one investing coach I've ever had, who followed thru on what he promised; and I learned a ton. I'm definitely not trying to sway anyone's opinions here; but "everyone" has an opinion of everything...and if you don't have first hand experience with that particular person...then, it's just that..."An Opinion". I probably see him twice a week or so now, and he is still sharing golden nuggets and pouring into my business.

I don't doubt that someone may have had a bad experience and decided to put it out on the unforgiving internet, for all to see, judge, and pass along. I also don't doubt that others have had a wonderful experience, like we did. I live in the Atlanta area, and also did research "and" visited his offices and call center up in Cumming; about 45 minutes from my home. I have found him to be an upstanding guy, someone who knows the what he's doing and doesn't mind sharing that with others. Is his time valuable...absolutely! Choose to pay for his time or not; but he has committed to my success in this industry. 

I had never heard of him until July of this year. I was surfing one day online, and his banner ad kept popping up. I clicked on it and watched a few of his videos and was intrigued; so I decided to call him. It was early one Saturday morning and the phone # listed happened to be his direct cell..."and" to my surprise, he answered it. We discussed his coaching fees, and what his contract and coaching would provide. I told him my husband and I would talk it over and get back with him. He didn't chase me, he didn't hound me, he waited till we called him back...and we decided on the coaching. I would be willing to bet he doesn't need your buyers, as he has a $25k marketing budget. I am willing to speak with you one-on-one, if you'd like. I don't have any reason to try and change your mind; but sometimes a listening ear helps to relieve the stress of it all. Hope this helps.

@Everyone else, especially anyone who may want to "blast" me for sharing...please don't. I honestly don't need the negativity. This is a very positive community, which is why I enjoy sharing and learning here. I'm simply sharing my personal experiences. After all, isn't that what Karlyn asked for? Thanks all.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here