• Investor
  • Madison, MS
Votes |
Need Advice On Next Move

Dexter McCalla
  • Investor
  • Madison, MS
Posted Feb 12 2016, 00:50
First off I would like to thank everyone in the BP community for everything that you do, your help is greatly appreciated. With that being said, I need some input on how I should begin my approach to fund my next potential deal. Here's a little background info to help you understand what my question really is: I currently own my Primary Residence outright free and clear which is worth about $150k .. I also have two rental properties that I own outright also. One is a single family that is currently renting out for $600/mo and a 4-Plex that I'm finishing the renovations on that will bring in $2200/mo ($550 per unit). Bringing my total Rental income to $2800/mo, which would be less once I factor in insurance, taxes, maintenance, and etc. Now here is where It gets interesting: All three properties were given to me by my grandfather.. I was a complete newbie to real estate investing and had no prior knowledge before possessing these properties.. The problem is that I work at Lowes which has its pros and cons.. The positive side is that I get discounts on materials and some at a deep discount, but the negative side is that my yearly salary is on 25k.. Now my question is where do I go from here to finance my next income property, being that my w2 job won't be as desirable to banks for financing. My neighbor got me a lead on this duplex in a great neighborhood where the seller is asking 135k. It's been fully renovated with no repairs needed and it's currently being rented out to long term tenants at $1850/mo. What are my options??? Your advice and opinions are highly appreciated

Loading replies...