• Short Gap, WV
Votes |
I Want Out, Any Suggestions?

Dakoda Spencer
  • Investor
  • Short Gap, WV
Posted Nov 9 2016, 14:46

Hey BP,

I want out of my full time job at IBM. I'm sick of it. I know, I know. Working a job (even if you don't "like" it) is a part of "growing up". Working this job is one of the most unfulfilling things I've ever done in life. I want out. I could rant for a long time how I hate my job, but I won't. 

I know that getting financing is easier when you have a job, I know it means you can grow your portfolio faster, I know it gives you a cushion. I'm just sick of my job and want to know what my opinions are. 

I've looked into being an agent, but there's a lot of competition around me (from what I'm told). I've looked into being an appraiser, but that looks very difficult to get into. I don't really know what I can do. I wouldn't mind contracting work, if it wasn't seasonal. It looks like I may have to go to a local area to me (like Hagerstown, Morgantown, Martinsburg, Frostburg, or Fairmont) if I want to make this possible.

Do you all have any suggestions how I can get into real estate full time in my current position? I'm okay with living off of ketchup bread for a year or so.

-Dakoda

*sigh. I needed to get that off my chest. 

Loading replies...