South Jersey Area real estate

18 Replies

Hi Dwight! Welcome to BP! I'm a newbie as well. I've been learning about investing for almost two years. Finally, my husband and I were pre-approved for our first deal. We're currently looking for triplex and quads in the South Jersey area ( Woodbury, Pennsauken, Collingswood, Cherry Hill, Audobon, Palmyra). Our budget is  200K. Would greatly appreciate anyone's help in finding leads. Thanks!

Is the overall feeling for this area better to try to start flipping first rather then rental properties?

I have some capital, I am somewhat handy, and not afraid to put in hours.  Looking for a future for me and my family.

Hi @Dwight Will and @Amina Sanders .  I have also been looking for my first investment property in the South Jersey area, and have been doing a lot of "driving for dollars" and deal analysis for properties in Oaklyn, Bellmawr, Audubon, and Riverside.  I currently have one investment property in Philadelphia, (was a house hack that is now a Single Family Rental), and am looking to expand my portfolio in South Jersey.  Would love to connect with you guys and bounce some ideas off of each other.  My wife just got licensed as an agent in NJ so definitely excited to get this train moving!

Originally posted by @Amina Sanders :

Thanks @James Masotti for the heads up! I actually just attended a BP InvestHer event in Cherry Hill, NJ last week. It was awesome to get to network and meet real-life investors. Will definitely be attending more BP meetups in the future. 

Awesome to hear! It is very cool to see what  @Andresa Lobrace and @Elizabeth Faircloth and many others are doing to help support other women investors. 

Originally posted by @Amina Sanders :

Thanks @James Masotti for the heads up! I actually just attended a BP InvestHer event in Cherry Hill, NJ last week. It was awesome to get to network and meet real-life investors. Will definitely be attending more BP meetups in the future. 

Hi Amina,

I second James post. I regularlly attend those and find them very valuable. I was unable to attend the InvestHer meet up but am keeping my eye out for the next one. I have a duplex in Haddon Township and am looking for another in the general vicinity. Good luck with your search!

So what i bring to the table in my Journey:

Flexible job that makes me available throughout the days

Truck and Gas pre paid for

Some Cabinetry and Trim experience  

10+ years dealing with subcontractors as Project Manger

Some investment capital on hand 20-30K

I guess my overall feeling would be to network with like-minded people that possible could bring other contributions to the table (knowledge, capital, etc.)  Hoping to connect and maybe blossom a partnership or small team one day.

I am still quite young and hungry and not afraid to work.  Looking for a better life down the road for my new family.  

I dont want to take up this whole thread talking about me so if anyone is interested in talking little more shoot me a message to connect with me.

Hi Dwight!  Also a newbie in south jersey.   We are just beginning to look actively...  I’ve been listening to bigger pockets and doing my own research for a few years now and finally got my husband on board.  Now I’m getting a little nervous that it’s actually happening:).  We are looking for a duplexes or single family (most multi-family are over our present budget).  We are looking in collingswood and Bellmawr.  I’d love to attend a south jersey meet up sometime!