Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

Investing with a Holding Company

Posted Aug 10 2020, 13:11

Hello, I am 20 years old and have been recently, as of these past 3 or 4 months, been informing myself about real-estate by books, podcasts, etc. I was fortunate enough to be gifted $10,000 by my grandpa and have been looking for ways to invest it. Moreover, one of my close friends is house hacking a duplex and he asked me if I would be interested in opening up a holding company with him. He briefly explained it to me over dinner, but I didn't understand one thing he said.

He mentioned something about selling part of the company as if it was stocks or bonds to help funding I am guessing, but to be honest I have no idea why that is necessary. If someone could explained that to me that would be very helpful. (Maybe I completely misunderstood what he was talking about, who knows.)

Also, just a General question, I'd love to know what would be the best investment as a college student who is still living in dorms (which means probably not house hacking), with $10,000-$20,000 to invest with in the state of Texas, around San Antonio and Austin market. 

Thank you.

Loading replies...