• Wholesaler
  • Powder Springs, GA
Votes |
Show 108 Guru?

Mike Watkins
  • Wholesaler
  • Powder Springs, GA
Posted Feb 7 2015, 19:41

Am I the only one who thought this one sondes a little like a guru? I mean the opening jingle says "learn about real estate with out all the hype". And the first thing you hear is "you're gonna be so pumped when you hear this guy talk".

I listen to the podcast from my phone and it plays backwards. So I listen to #107 and then it plays 106. I get to episode 100 with Josh(the co-founder of BP with help from Brandon turner :)). He talks about not only what BP stands for but what it stops. They stop the gurus from the 5 Ss(as Brandon stats in one of the webinars). Sleeze, solicitation, self-promotion, and others I can't remember. And that these ideals are what's kept BP together. There was a president that said something like, my greatest power is the power of veto. Meaning what's not there is just as important.

Then I listen to 108.

I got from this episode was to do a video LOI but now that that's out there in sure they will become commonplace soon. 10X is great too. Think 10 times what you did before. If you can do its once you can do it 10 times and then 100 times. Also the quote from Ted turners dad, "never set a goal you can can achieve". Great stuff there.

At one point josh says "we shouldn't filter anything", yet all the curse words are bleeped out. I think it's safe to say that we are all adults and curse words wouldn't bother us. If you say no filter, have no filter.

From the story I assume he bought a 38 unit apartment and then bought 50 and then 100 and then a millions units. I'd really like to know how he got the fist deal and then how he was able to get the next one soon after.

I feel like the whole point of him on the show was to hire new employees for his company which I think is something that should not be in the show. For example would I be allowed to go on the show and recruit bird dogs?

But you know what, this says more about me than it does about bigger pockets and the guest from show 108.

I would be doing BP a disservice if I did not voice my opinion about this. It's these ideals that have made them the biggest REI hub in the net.

Loading replies...