Quick Survey: How Did You Discover BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 97 votes
8y

I was a wannabe REI a few years ago and started googling. When I found a post by BP I was really impressed with the amount and type of information provided, so I poked around...

Since then, and 99% thanks to BiggerPockets for the amazing info and resources, I have become an "actual" REI - I close on my 23rd unit in a few weeks.

I still consider myself quite a newbie in most regards, but hope to build on this foundation and start to scale over this year and next.

See this reply in the discussion

279 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Thomaston, CT · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Two years ago an aspiring new real estate agent told me about BP.

  • Kingston, WA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Friend who was an academic mentee of mine on a completely unrelated topic and knew I had a few rentals

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    A coworker told my husband about it and then he sent me the link.

  • Turlock, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I searched "real estate investing" in my podcast app.

  • Louisville, KY · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Google search

  • New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I joined a local REIA and another member recommended Bigger Pockets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2018 · 369 posts · 406 votes
    8y

    I Googled "LLC Operating agreements" and started clicking and reading. A forum post about them being necessary led me here and kept me here, this was last September and I joined officially this week.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cypress, TX · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    A couple co-workers told me about the Bigger Pockets podcast. That led me to the website, forums, etc....

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 404 votes
    8y

    BP was recommended by my friend and fellow former Soldier, @Randall Cornelison.  Thanks, Randy!

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    From Brandon's book on rental properties

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I was google searching real estate trends for home construction and came across the site. Then a week later a friend of mine told me i should start listening to the podcast.

  • Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    Was googling "real estate wholesaling" and came across some blogs. Also was highly recommended by a vast number of Awesome REI and 10 Hour Wholesaler members.

  • Alhambra, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I attended a seminar and 3 day workshop with Fortune Builders and learned quickly how they want your money.  I researched reviews about them and BP was on another attendees review.  Decided to check it out and am excited to become part of the community, oh yeah, and get some bigger pockets!

  • Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 199 posts · 56 votes
    8y

    googled "real estate investing groups"

  • Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Went down the youtube rabbit hole, liked what I heard on a BP breakdown (Deal of the Day & beginner investing video) followed the links, and shazam

  • Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    I was talking about real estate with a coworker and she told me about the podcast.  From there I learned about the website.

  • Jeff LeePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Huffman, TX · Member since 2018 · 68 posts · 18 votes
    8y

    Searching for "real estate investing" podcasts, then found the website after that. 

  • Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Youtube video on how to get started in real estate wholesaling.  Suggestion was made to join BiggerPockets for networking purposes as well as Q&A.

  • Mancelona, MI · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    8y

    I was working 110 hours a week half way across the country thinking their must be a better way.. 

    I ended up listening to BP podcasts on youtube, with one earbud under my radio headset, while running my machines..

    I found the BP podcasts to be the least get rich quick scheme scam sounding.. 

    Since then I have established my first lines of credit and am actively working on my credit and preparing the house I live in to be rented out when I have the credit and find a good candidate.. 

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    Listening to Brandon Turner's "Rental Property Investing" on audible.

  • Detroit, MI · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I was perusing through the Audible app last night for any personal business/finance/investing materials to listen to while at work or on the go and this one came up. It had tons of reviews, so I downloaded it and have been listening to it since. From Chapter 1, it referenced the online community and I had to find out more! I'm glad to be a part of this community now and I'm looking forward to tremendous growth!

  • Honolulu HI, CO · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    Made a search of real estate investing on You Tube and Brandon Turner popped up. I stayed up watching his videos on numerous nights, mornings, and between my lunch breaks.  Tons to learn. 

  • Nixa, MO · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Google search for real estate investing which lead me to the podcast. Thank God for Google!
  • Investor · South San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Another investor told me about it.

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I heard about BP on numerous other podcasts. it seemed to be "THE" place to go. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.