Quick Survey: How Did You Discover BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 97 votes
8y

I was a wannabe REI a few years ago and started googling. When I found a post by BP I was really impressed with the amount and type of information provided, so I poked around...

Since then, and 99% thanks to BiggerPockets for the amazing info and resources, I have become an "actual" REI - I close on my 23rd unit in a few weeks.

I still consider myself quite a newbie in most regards, but hope to build on this foundation and start to scale over this year and next.

See this reply in the discussion

279 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • NY · Member since 2015 · 101 posts · 43 votes
    8y

    I came across B.P. while researching a turnkey company that a friend told me about.

  • Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    A friend told me about BP when I mentioned I wanted to get into real estate investing.

  • Sylvania, OH · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    My brother in law told me about the podcasts

  • Medford, NJ · Member since 2017 · 96 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    I accidentally found it when searching landlord information on Pinterest. An article I was reading on there made mention to BP. Needless to say after finding BP I don’t have to search Pinterest for landlord info anymore.
  • Joe PrillamanPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carolina Beach, NC · Member since 2017 · 441 posts · 462 votes
    8y
    Sisters husband told me about this crazy real estate investing site. That’s all it took now I’m hooked
  • Mountain Home A F B, ID · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Reddit!!!

  • Salinas, CA · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    I just joined recently...One of my clients suggested I join because we share a common interest in real estate

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Heard BP mentioned on another podcast talking about investing and finances. 

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2016 · 47 posts · 16 votes
    8y
    Google search about real estate investing
  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I am completely new - just joined last night. I almost thought that I was the 1millionth member when I saw the post today. I subscribe to Reddit's r/financialindependence and a member casually mentioned 'you should check out bigger pockets'. Thrilled to have found you for so many reasons. 

  • Newark, DE · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    I was doing a google research on real estate investing and came across BP. 

  • Wylie, TX · Member since 2016 · 78 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    I was watching YouTube and Google-ing "How to Invest in Real Estate" and "How to reach Financial Freedom" and BiggerPockets came up

  • Real Estate Agent · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 32 votes
    8y
    My close friend told me about it last May
  • Investor · Columbia, MO · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    First podcast that popped up for me when I searched real estate investing!

  • Bronx, NY · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    i was googling how to start investing in real estate and BiggerPockets popped up in the results

  • Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 50 votes
    8y
    One of my old coworkers (before I quit!) was also interested in real estate and sent me a podcast. Almost exactly a year agal and I’ve been addicted ever since. I wish I would have found it sooner!!
  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    A google search for a term used by Scott McGillivray “Flip To Yourself” which brought up a forum discussion and a reply mentioning the BRRR strategy.
    Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen:

    Hey there. I'm wondering how you discovered BiggerPockets?  This is an informal survey for a presentation I'm doing. 

  • Eric SyCipPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Anaheim, CA · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Did a Google search and it eventually lead me to the Bigger Pockets portal.

  • Hazel Park · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Well Mindy, I was working my regular midnight shift and knew I'd regret, looking back in 40 years, that I could have done better in life. So I started googling what careers to choose from that I can be successful in.

    At this point, I was 18 and had no idea what the difference was between an investor and an agent. In my search for a better career I came across real estate investing. Again, not knowing just about anything real estate has to offer, I start googling things like what is a real estate agent. I kept coming across article after article and then links from those articles to others. Then, I became addicted.

    Graduating from articles came the BP podcasts. Then from there I started to get my RE license to further my education.

    So here I am, a few years later and have my first deal under contract, struggling with financing, but all in fun of the game I'm still an active member of bigger pockets and tell all my friends and family to get on here and enjoy life a little more.

    To wrap things up, I would just like to take a moment to thank you and all of the staff at BP for this incredible instrument to improve the lives of thousands of people around the world. So thank you guys and continue to help those to grow and become financially free it definitely made an impact on my life and I'm off to accomplish incredible things at just 21 years old I couldn't thank you guys enough!

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Decided to be serious about being a REI and googled for help writing my business plan. Bigger Pockets has been amazing. I love the articles and podcasts and everything else about it. BP is like having a RE mentor at my side all the time.

  • Beloit, WI · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    A Google search, several years ago. Only joined in late 2016, I think, as my husband and I were having our semi-annual "should we invest in real estate?" discussion. Each time I'd search to find the latest info on if it is or isn't a good idea, BP would dominate the results. Glad I finally took time to join, and tell my husband that if we don't do it now, we'll keep having this discussion until our kids are grown and gone. We bought two properties last year and planning to buy a third this year.

  • Washington, DC · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    I did a search looking for the best podcasts to learn about investing. I found you guys, and I'm extremely glad I did. I get solid tips from the people you interview. I'm not yet an real estate investor but some of the tips are relevant in any environment, even in my current job. Thanks. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Googling personal financing topics and real estate kept popping up. Been hooked ever since.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Army Warrant Officer told me about it since I had an interest in rental property. He's actually a member too.

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    Google

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.