Quick Survey: How Did You Discover BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 97 votes
8y

I was a wannabe REI a few years ago and started googling. When I found a post by BP I was really impressed with the amount and type of information provided, so I poked around...

Since then, and 99% thanks to BiggerPockets for the amazing info and resources, I have become an "actual" REI - I close on my 23rd unit in a few weeks.

I still consider myself quite a newbie in most regards, but hope to build on this foundation and start to scale over this year and next.

See this reply in the discussion

279 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Palo Alto, CA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Couple different friends mentioned its where they got a lot of the info they needed to buy their first investment properties

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Listening to Brandon Turner Podcast on Audible.

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y

    I am looking for ways that can earn extra income apart from stocks and mutual funds.  I tried flipping property before but suffered huge lost in 2008. Infact, I am still paying that debt which is a line of credit on the home i currently lived in.  I was hoping to build a website but can't hold on to a niche. I am really passionate about real estate but I  think it is hard to find affordable deals in New York.  

    I came across this site after googling "real estate investing."  After reading several articles on this site my confidence is coming back.  There are things that I have to resolve such as to doubling down on my debts before starting.  Thank you Biggerpockets for gaining my confidence back for something I am passionate about.

  • Investor · Kaiserslautern, Germany · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 25 votes
    8y

    Google! I was searching for information and tips about purchasing my first real estate investment.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Chris Pung:

    I heard about BP on numerous other podcasts. it seemed to be "THE" place to go. 

    Not to toot our own horn, but it is... 

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 16 votes
    8y

    Whenever I asked Google a question about real estate investing, BiggerPockets would always show up in the first few results. Eventually, I figured BP must be the place to go to learn about real estate.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 418 votes
    8y

    A property manager told me about the podcast 2 years ago. I was already an experienced investor at that time, but found the podcast to be awesome. I have listened to every single one of them now, and many episodes 2+ times. Thanks!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    I actually did a google search for REI GROUPS in San Antonio Tx... This is one that popped up

  • Debary, FL · Member since 2017 · 110 posts · 113 votes
    8y
    The tube. YouTube that is. I was watching videos on real estate investing and this came up. On the other end of the real estate spectrum I have wasted too much time watching a prankster call landlords about issues like turning his living room into a swimming pool with a big liner and digging a basement from a ground-based apartment where he refused to allow the landlord entrance because it technically wasn't part of the apartment complex and was his. I laughed to the point of having years inbox the eyes!
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I was searching for videos on YouTube for real estate information.  The video was very informative so I subscribed.   They mentioned the podcast and I subscribed to that also.   The podcast mentioned the website.  I see a subscription in the future here as well 

  • Brooklyn, N.Y. · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    It was mentioned in a book I was reading 

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Podcast

  • Valley Cottage, NY · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

     I discovered it through "The book on rental property investing"  BY Brandon Turner

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I had been looking into getting started in Real Estate for a couple of years, unsure where to really start. Then I was let go from my Manufacturing Operations Management Job and was having a conversation with my Father about where to go from here when he suggested this site. 

    I signed up immediately and I am very eager to see what this chapter will hold and excited to just learn. There is so much content available on this site I am ready to really dig in and get rolling. 

  • Green Bay, WI · Member since 2017 · 24 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Matthew Schnecke

    Check out the webinars, tools, etc. I, myself am new too but this place has amazing amounts of information. Good luck. I think anyone can make this RE thing work if they really want to

  • New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    every investor mentions bigger pockets.. I am new to this .. Would like to make my first deal..  I would like to do this business virtual is thatva possibility?

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    realtor

  • Specialist · Montreal · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Google research for top real estate agent blogs

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    On a beach in Los Cabos,  talking real estate to a good friend, he told me to look up BP.   :) 

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Looked for a great REI podcasting show, found BP, got direct to the website from there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Minato-ku, Tokyo Prefecture · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Brandon will love this plug, but it was actually from his book (The Book on Rental Property Investing). I had been out of the game for many years after moving to Japan and selling off everything in the US (a regrettable necessity at the time) and downloaded his book to start getting back into REI. Great refresher and his mentioned BP brought me here. Met quite a few investors from this site, so I'm happy to have bought the book!

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Google Searched "Investing In Real Estate". 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 25 votes
    8y
    A few years back I read Rich Dad Poor Dad and knew that was it for me so I went to YouTube and searched for Real Estate Podcasts and BP with Grant Cardone popped and the rest is history!
  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    i was editing a friends web site, he had REO tapes on ther, i did not know what they were, so i googled it, then enjoyed alot of tume in here :)

  • Realtor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    February 2017 I Googled “how to live for free?”  That night changed my whole life. I spent 4 hours on my tablet and read everything I could about it. I ran across BiggerPockets and found their podcasts. Listened to them and started to implement the ideas into my life. Now I am going to be financial independent! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.