Quick Survey: How Did You Discover BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2013 · 185 posts · 97 votes
8y

I was a wannabe REI a few years ago and started googling. When I found a post by BP I was really impressed with the amount and type of information provided, so I poked around...

Since then, and 99% thanks to BiggerPockets for the amazing info and resources, I have become an "actual" REI - I close on my 23rd unit in a few weeks.

I still consider myself quite a newbie in most regards, but hope to build on this foundation and start to scale over this year and next.

See this reply in the discussion

279 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Miami, FL. · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi! I was looking for real state information in google and BP was the number one hit.

  • Investor · Bastrop, LA · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Much like most everyone else I see! Google! After realizing that almost every real estate topic I was searching directed me to the bigger pocket forums, it only made sense to join.
  • Nampa, ID · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    I think I was looking for documents for Landlords (i.e Leases, Rent Increase Notices, "Hey your apartment is super stanky and you need to quit being a gross tenant" warning letters) and Bigger Pockets came up. I then found the Podcast, and have listened to 75 episodes in the last 30 days or so.

  • Ossining, NY · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    I bought my first RE book "The Book on Rental Property Investing" by Brandon Turner.It was the only book available in Barnes n Noble abt rental properties that time.As I read the book he kept on mentioning abt Bigger Pockets so I googled it and since then there's never a day that I didn't listen to their podcasts or read their forums.
  • Knoxville, TN · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Amazon website. I searched real estate investing and promptly purchased B. Turner's Book on Rental Property Investing. After reading the book a couple times, I started to wonder what was this "Bigger Pockets" I kept seeing with this book. 

    I found the website and started reading the blogs and forums. I love both of the podcast. I sometimes listen to 2 a day. Finally, I am beginning to connect with other local investors in my area (Knoxville TN).

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    I discovered BP through "Stacking Benjamins" - my favourite personal finance podcast.

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    Property investing forum . AU  its the Australian version of  BP  back in that time Aussies were buying the heck out of US properties so I was lending my opinions on where and what to watch out for.. that is what led me to write the

    e book perfect storm for out of state or country investors..  to protect themselves.

    Engelo Rumora the DINGO  said I should check this site out.. he made an intro.. and off I went.

    also it was a little difficult at first for me to figure out since I have never done a on line forum before.. but a few years in I can finally figure most of how to work it out.. I still get stuck though .. and certainly fall for certain things.. and took me a while to under stand what a troll was.. just the basic old man stuff.. LOL

    However its one heck of a site.. used to good it will really help folks.. you do have to watch out for scammers though I have learned that.. but all in all great site great people..

    Where do I need to send an invoice? hehe

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    I was searching on YouTube for Realestate investment.
  • Goshen, AR · Member since 2017 · 267 posts · 159 votes
    8y
    My brother in law recommended listening to the podcast on a long family road trip.
  • Kingston, NY · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 138 votes
    8y
    It was mentioned in a joe Fairless podcast.
  • All Over, USA · Member since 2017 · 689 posts · 756 votes
    8y
    My RE agent tipped me off.
  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2017 · 66 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    I knew real estate was a good way to build wealth. I did a search on my iPhone for real estate pod cast. I came across bigger pockets among others. Bigger Pockets was the only one that survived my trial period of finding the best most informative podcast for real estate. Been hooked since. This was about a year ago. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Heard about it briefly in a RE meetup but just started listening. Best podcast ever.
  • Contractor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    A friend of mine suggested I listen to a podcast episode, than we continued to listen to episodes as we would drive to practice. 

  • Investor · Cambridge, MA · Member since 2013 · 264 posts · 104 votes
    8y

    @Mindy Jensen The same way they discovered the earth isnt't flat... google.

  • Investor · Stoughton, MA · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Searching real estate investing in podcasts! Finally joined this site after months of listening
  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    I did a search on YouTube for “RE Investing” and found a BP video
  • Investor · Weston, FL · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    I stumbled on to their podcast while searching for real estate investing. Best accident to ever happen
  • Gulfport, MS · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    @Mark Ferguson did a blog that I found-who even remembers- and then followed his site and Bigger Pockets! The info is so wonderful, I became an addict!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Monticello, GA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Co-worker told me about the podcast.  I subscribed to it about a year or so ago now and instantly got hooked.

  • Aurora, IL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    I attended a real estate investing workshop in the Chicago area last year and some people I got to know there mentioned BiggerPockets as a better and more cost effective resource for getting educated and making connections.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2016 · 74 posts · 58 votes
    8y
    Google searching passive income and real estate investing lead me to the never ending watering hole of knowledge!
  • Rental Property Investor · Aurora, CO · Member since 2018 · 288 posts · 117 votes
    8y
    Google search for rental investing.
  • Real Estate Investor · Central New Jersey · Member since 2015 · 67 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    I googled real estate and watched a You Tube podcast. (This was in the early days of the BP podcast). I saw 2 totally crazy guys and heard the quick tip: I decided that madness was not for me but I kept listening because the content was really, really rich. 

    Now I won't be without BP. I've listened to all the podcast and share with friends. Awesome environment.

  • Richfield, UT · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    From Youtube

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.